JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those who don't know, I've been looking for a place to live for a long, long time now.

A few weeks back I found an ad for a studio on the 14th floor of an apartment building. I applied and they told me the studio was mine.

In the following 14 days I hear nothing, so I call them myself. Now they tell me there are 3 other viewers who all are interested in the same studio and they will put on a lottery to decide who gets the studio apartment.

Another week goes by and I still hear nothing, so I call them back. They then tell me they decide to give me the apartment. So everything seems to work out in the end.

I get a bunch of papers to fill out, a contract and a couple bills with a total of nearly 2700 euros which I pay for immediately.

Since November 21st, I would have my own apartment, finally.

Then 21 Nov. arrives and I still have no keys. I call them up to make an appointment to collect the keys. Then they tell me the guy that has the keys is sick. I can't get my keys that day.

The next day I call again to see if I can get my keys, but this time they tell me the apartment isn't ready and I can't get my keys yet. Later that day I get an email in which they say it can take another week, but they can't tell me exactly when.

I send an email back, saying they can't do this. I already pay rent since Monday and I still don't even know when I can get my keys.

Then they reply that I won't get the apartment at all...

So, I signed a contract, I payed over 2.6 grand and I get no house, for no reason at all.

Now I am out for war. They screwed over the wrong guy this time.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a terrible situation. I don't know how much experience you have with apartment hunting, but this:
I applied and they told me the studio was mine. In the following 14 days I hear nothing
is an immediate red flag. I would've walked at that point.

But I understand if you're sufficiently desperate :frown:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
specially if they "try to pretent" to be sellers.
I wonder where you found ad for it, as alot of scammers.

I would keep trying to get the keys this week or your money back + 10%
directly for not holding their end for it.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know much about legal stuff, but can you not call the police for that?

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope the best for you and that this turns out well.
Lets pray that this was not a Apartment Scam and just stupidity or carelessness or something unknown on their end.

Noone deserves to be treated like that. Godspeed

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your support, guys.

The thing is: everything about the company seems legit at first sight. They are around for 18 years and they have a call center and everything.

I've also been inside the apartment. Someone who actually seemed to be the janitor showed me in.

But legit or not: They screwed me and now I don't have a house.

(I stay at my parents for the time being, so I'm not homeless... but not thanks to them.)

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good news!!! And bad news...

I won't get the apartment but I did get ALL my money back!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!
Has anyone ever wanted to choose how they play? I've been working on Black Moon, a project where you can fight against ancient beasts by commanding an army of former gods and goddesses. But what makes it different is that there are different ways to give your choice heroes either Red, Green, or Blue weapons/armor, and each grants different abilities. More coming soon!
Can Elon crash Twitter faster? I want something as big to replace it so I can promote my game there. I also need to actually do promotion this time, heh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawlingo