HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, I have just made this sprite for my game using the template from here, but it looks really weird when I tried to animate it. It doesn't look like he's walking, it looks like he's doing some strange dance. 

View attachment shun anim.psd

How do I make it look more natural?

Last edited by a moderator:

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It wasn't animating properly for some reason. I tried to make it a gif image, so I guess I'll have to make it a video then. Or use the PSD. 

Editing the post. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why did you try to make it a GIF animation?

You can't use GIFs as sprites in any of the RMs...

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just the sprite sheet itself is needed. Look at the RTP resources, none of them are GIF or video. The game engine itself animates the sprite.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, I put the graphics into a Photoshop animation to see if it looked alright before putting it into GCH, because it's very annoying when you have to keep reopening the files. Making it a GIF was just so you could see it without having to download a PSD. I know how the engine works. The GIF was just to test.    

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sense. I think it would be best to share the spritesheet so we can figure out what is wrong with it, rather than trying to figure out through GIFs and the like.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would, but it's already been established in another thread that I'm not really allowed to use these resources because I don't have XP. 

Hmm, I guess this should probably be closed now, since keeping a thread like this open would be like discussing how to rip resources.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If that were true we'd have to hide most of the threads in the XP Resources section.  Still, since you're not going to pursue finishing this sprite I'll go ahead and close it.  Report the thread if you buy XP and want it reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokdo2005