A_Higher_Plane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering how many people have pre-ordered this software and what are their demographics? Is it more successful pre-order than the past RMs? And how many people who use this forum pre-ordered this engine and what is the percentage? It doesn't have to be accurate, just an estimation.

I mean I pre-ordered it too like a week ago because I was convinced this deal would be great for another 6-24 months and that this engine is decent at the very least. I have only bought Ace for under $20 on sale on Steam but I have never made a game with it. I only played around with it for a few hours. But with this engine I will be making a full game with it.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I got into this game maing jazz with VX, then VX ace and now MV - I pre ordered MV. Truth be told this is the first .... legal rpg maker I will ever own...

Ahem: Some people might have issue with the word legal mod or not. so: legal == sharing sisters computer back when I was 22 and Ace came out. I did not know of that was legal or not to do so I italicized "legal" until a mod pointed it out that that is perfectly fine.

Pirating is bad

Last edited by a moderator:

Warabeskel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Well i was started since RM 2K but never buy it since Ace due to unavailable in Canada after they release on steam i buy it what a shock when someday i check on steam and view it, i was like oh my god what is happening !

so now i got 3 time Ace and 2 time XP as for me an apologize for Enterbrain and now i got pre-order for MV with i think now i have more patience for doing a game then before when i was more childish 

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering how many people have pre-ordered this software and what are their demographics? Is it more successful pre-order than the past RMs? And how many people who use this forum pre-ordered this engine and what is the percentage? It doesn't have to be accurate, just an estimation.

I mean I pre-ordered it too like a week ago because I was convinced this deal would be great for another 6-24 months and that this engine is decent at the very least. I have only bought Ace for under $20 on sale on Steam but I have never made a game with it. I only played around with it for a few hours. But with this engine I will be making a full game with it.
I pre-ordered because I have every RPG Maker since 2000 and have been using them since then. I absolutely love it. I think this will be the most successful RM yet.

Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I owned 2k, 2k3, skipped XP and VX and got back into it on VXAce when I saw it on steam.  MV will be the first rpgmaker I preordered.  I am 40 and live in the USA.

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I plan on pre-ordering it because I have this idea that has made its way from my brain to paper and slowly into Ace, but I feel like MV is going to be incredible, not to mention that Ace to MV converter that it includes (thanks Shaz!).

Also forgot to add... 32/M/Earth (I move a lot)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikuri

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I started with Sim RPG 95. Skipped 2k and 2k3.

XP is in my book the most used engine of all time. VX was BS but Ace was a little better.

MV should bring back the glory of XP while giving it a fresh 2015 possibilities like exporting to iOS and such (finally!)

I have 2 XP licenses, 4 Ace licenses (team work). I pre-ordered MV (From Canada, I'm 24) and I should bought a few more licenses when I'll be confident we can do great things with it.

Adlw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
I have started with RPG VX and Ace for to learn to children in my school to create a story and transform in rpg maker.

I preorder MV because its very incredible as evolution. And i have Two GDD who sleep in my cupboard.
It's time for me to continue these. ^^

Talairina

Tsinth Studios
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pre-ordered MV. Old hand myself since RPG Maker 2000 and every one since. Loved XP, VX was disapointed but Ace made up for it slightly. MV look's like a step in the right direction and more then happy to throw them money as I do enjoy tinkering and making my old little games. I find it has far more value for myself then quite a few big Studio games these days and that's just tinkering, before we even get to playing my own games or other peoples for that matter.

As for demographics, it reminds me of the old ASL? question people used to ask Online (Heh, old), so I'll answer as such and you can work it out yourself from that. 29/M/UK.

GambleMountain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow the RPG maker community is older than I thought! 

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Here in NA cost around $90+ due to currency exchange also purchased VX ace before and used only for couple of months but this upcoming maker has finally gave me reasons why I should make a game again.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I started on the RPG MAKER for the PS1, then played around a bit with the RPG MAKER 2 for the PS2, and then finally, about 3 years ago, I purchased VX ACE and made my 1st full game with it (in my signature). I went back and bought XP and 2k3 just to support the company, but didn't really do anything with those. I am, however, going to be creating and completing some projects with MV. :)

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think that one of the reasons us older folks enjoy this so much is that it reminds us of classics we used to play growing up such as Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, Soul Blazer and so on.

duty

Keepin' it simple
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've purchased licenses for RM 2k, RM 2003, XP, VX, and VX Ace. After seeing the embedded web player, mouse, and touch support in MV, I preordered it. I preordered it vigorously.

Demographically, I think I fall into the aging geek category. I'm 31, male, American, married. I work as a front-end developer and build BI tools for a major financial institution. I play a lot of tabletop RPGs and war games.

I'm really thrilled about the engine switching to HTML5/JavaScript. I never put enough time into Ruby to do much with it, but I live and breathe JS.

ShadowKing

Designer and Story Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Haha, I'm actually 19; and grew up with a few JRPGs like Final Fantasy V, Chrono Trigger and Tales of Symphonia.

I bought XP and VX Ace through the Humble Bundle. Never touched XP. My reason for preordering, and this is coming from someone who's usually anti-preordering; is the amount of scripts that seemed useful, along with the essentials resources and ability to convert projects.

Never pirated any RPG Makers.

Demographic: 19, male, Native American, single. Currently a student.

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Well, I preordered MV and it will be the first RM that I owned. I used rpg maker vx ace in a friend's laptop (mainly used to develop the game that I used to ace my game production class). I've used XP on my cousin's laptop which I just played around.

18/US/M (Im a Fil) I'm a student ^_^

lazhiral

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I preordered it on Steam, since it was cheaper than buying in dollar and converting it to my currency :) (too bad...)

But I have been "owning" RPG Makers since the RMK2003 and never regreted it. Haha

Raybrite

Lost Newbe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am 75, living with my wife and son in the Philippines.

I have ace but rarely use it.

My 11 year old son will probably use it more than me.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R1ck_Str1k3r