Those who pre-ordered this RM engine(MV)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by ssunlimited, Oct 17, 2015.

1. ssunlimited

ssunlimited Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was wondering how many people have pre-ordered this software and what are their demographics? Is it more successful pre-order than the past RMs? And how many people who use this forum pre-ordered this engine and what is the percentage? It doesn't have to be accurate, just an estimation.

I mean I pre-ordered it too like a week ago because I was convinced this deal would be great for another 6-24 months and that this engine is decent at the very least. I have only bought Ace for under $20 on sale on Steam but I have never made a game with it. I only played around with it for a few hours. But with this engine I will be making a full game with it.

2. DarknessFalls

DarknessFalls Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I got into this game maing jazz with VX, then VX ace and now MV - I pre ordered MV. Truth be told this is the first .... legal rpg maker I will ever own...

Ahem: Some people might have issue with the word legal mod or not. so: legal == sharing sisters computer back when I was 22 and Ace came out. I did not know of that was legal or not to do so I italicized "legal" until a mod pointed it out that that is perfectly fine.

Pirating is bad

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2015
  3. Warabeskel

Warabeskel Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Well i was started since RM 2K but never buy it since Ace due to unavailable in Canada after they release on steam i buy it what a shock when someday i check on steam and view it, i was like oh my god what is happening !

so now i got 3 time Ace and 2 time XP as for me an apologize for Enterbrain and now i got pre-order for MV with i think now i have more patience for doing a game then before when i was more childish 

4. SOC

SOC "God is my Judge" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I pre-ordered because I have every RPG Maker since 2000 and have been using them since then. I absolutely love it. I think this will be the most successful RM yet.

5. Wren

Wren Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I owned 2k, 2k3, skipped XP and VX and got back into it on VXAce when I saw it on steam.  MV will be the first rpgmaker I preordered.  I am 40 and live in the USA.

6. DoctorMolotov

DoctorMolotov Adrenochrome... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I plan on pre-ordering it because I have this idea that has made its way from my brain to paper and slowly into Ace, but I feel like MV is going to be incredible, not to mention that Ace to MV converter that it includes (thanks Shaz!).

Also forgot to add... 32/M/Earth (I move a lot)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
  7. Mikuri

Mikuri Princess Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I started with Sim RPG 95. Skipped 2k and 2k3.

XP is in my book the most used engine of all time. VX was BS but Ace was a little better.

MV should bring back the glory of XP while giving it a fresh 2015 possibilities like exporting to iOS and such (finally!)

I have 2 XP licenses, 4 Ace licenses (team work). I pre-ordered MV (From Canada, I'm 24) and I should bought a few more licenses when I'll be confident we can do great things with it.

8. Adlw

Adlw Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    I have started with RPG VX and Ace for to learn to children in my school to create a story and transform in rpg maker.

I preorder MV because its very incredible as evolution. And i have Two GDD who sleep in my cupboard.
    It's time for me to continue these. ^^

9. Talairina

Talairina Tsinth Studios Member

First Language:
    English
    Pre-ordered MV. Old hand myself since RPG Maker 2000 and every one since. Loved XP, VX was disapointed but Ace made up for it slightly. MV look's like a step in the right direction and more then happy to throw them money as I do enjoy tinkering and making my old little games. I find it has far more value for myself then quite a few big Studio games these days and that's just tinkering, before we even get to playing my own games or other peoples for that matter.

As for demographics, it reminds me of the old ASL? question people used to ask Online (Heh, old), so I'll answer as such and you can work it out yourself from that. 29/M/UK.

10. ConkerMich

ConkerMich Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wow the RPG maker community is older than I thought! 

11. jaypee

jaypee hobbyist Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Here in NA cost around $90+ due to currency exchange also purchased VX ace before and used only for couple of months but this upcoming maker has finally gave me reasons why I should make a game again.

12. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I started on the RPG MAKER for the PS1, then played around a bit with the RPG MAKER 2 for the PS2, and then finally, about 3 years ago, I purchased VX ACE and made my 1st full game with it (in my signature). I went back and bought XP and 2k3 just to support the company, but didn't really do anything with those. I am, however, going to be creating and completing some projects with MV. :)

13. DoctorMolotov

DoctorMolotov Adrenochrome... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think that one of the reasons us older folks enjoy this so much is that it reminds us of classics we used to play growing up such as Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, Soul Blazer and so on.

eisenreich, Chickenlump and Wren like this.
  14. DarknessFalls

DarknessFalls Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Im freaking ancient at 27 >.>

Adlw likes this.
  15. duty

duty Warper Member

First Language:
    English (US)
    I've purchased licenses for RM 2k, RM 2003, XP, VX, and VX Ace. After seeing the embedded web player, mouse, and touch support in MV, I preordered it. I preordered it vigorously.

Demographically, I think I fall into the aging geek category. I'm 31, male, American, married. I work as a front-end developer and build BI tools for a major financial institution. I play a lot of tabletop RPGs and war games.

I'm really thrilled about the engine switching to HTML5/JavaScript. I never put enough time into Ruby to do much with it, but I live and breathe JS.

16. ConkerMich

ConkerMich Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    lucky you then haha! 

17. Nocturnic

Nocturnic Designer and Story Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Haha, I'm actually 19; and grew up with a few JRPGs like Final Fantasy V, Chrono Trigger and Tales of Symphonia.

I bought XP and VX Ace through the Humble Bundle. Never touched XP. My reason for preordering, and this is coming from someone who's usually anti-preordering; is the amount of scripts that seemed useful, along with the essentials resources and ability to convert projects.

Never pirated any RPG Makers.

Demographic: 19, male, Native American, single. Currently a student.

18. Lt. Ulquiorra

Lt. Ulquiorra The Devil's Advocate Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Well, I preordered MV and it will be the first RM that I owned. I used rpg maker vx ace in a friend's laptop (mainly used to develop the game that I used to ace my game production class). I've used XP on my cousin's laptop which I just played around.

18/US/M (Im a Fil) I'm a student ^_^

19. lazhiral

lazhiral Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I preordered it on Steam, since it was cheaper than buying in dollar and converting it to my currency :) (too bad...)

But I have been "owning" RPG Makers since the RMK2003 and never regreted it. Haha

20. Raybrite

Raybrite Lost Newbe Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am 75, living with my wife and son in the Philippines.

I have ace but rarely use it.

My 11 year old son will probably use it more than me.

Shaz, Adlw and kaine like this.