PokarFace

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I pre-ordered MV, 25 years old American.

I bought VX Ace recently as part of a bundle with sweet graphics and extra audio which I'll be exporting to MV. 

What makes it an insta-buy for me is that I can actually dedicate time to it nowadays.  I don't like to buy stuff that will go to my shelve and collect dust.

I pre-ordered because it exports to mobile, I started getting into video game design, and even though I can use Unity to limited extent, I don't want to go through the pains of coding a JRPG!!

I never had enough free time during college and when I did, I used to work out. Now that I have a stable job and college is paying off, I can do whatever I want with my free time, thus I like to play poker, learn Chinese, designing games in Unity, and now I'll add RPG Maker to the mix of hobbies I have =-D

Last edited by a moderator:

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I am not the only old guy using this ... hahahah :D
oh dear gods...

If YOU are old, then I am Methuselah...

clocking in at a ripe old 32, I am quietly advancing in my years. You whipper snapper's aint got nothing on us old fogeys

BinaryToast

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh dear gods...

If YOU are old, then I am Methuselah...

clocking in at a ripe old 32, I am quietly advancing in my years. You whipper snapper's aint got nothing on us old fogeys
*cough cough* ... so, I'm 34. Yeah, I refuse to grow up. :p

I'm from Germany and pre-ordered MV almost as soon as it was available on Steam.

GambleMountain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd like to own this software to make android dungeon crawlers with relative ease

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I am not the only old guy using this ... hahahah :D
Last time we looked, teens and early 20s were a rapidly decreasing percentage of users.  I think I saw somewhere you said you were 27 - not old for this anymore.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Last time we looked, teens and early 20s were a rapidly decreasing percentage of users.  I think I saw somewhere you said you were 27 - not old for this anymore.
I say a lot of things, a lot of place. 

Any ways, Its interesting to see the genration of users using this getting older. Back when VX came out the oldest person I saw using it was 25.

Aspetra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I pre-ordered RPG Maker MV as I did with VX Ace.

I have been using RPG Maker since I joined up with Kanjihack and help translate the SNES versions, then moved onto RPG Maker 95 also with the Kanjihack translation.

I have used every edition since except for the PlayStation ones..

I am 33 years old, going onto 34 in a couple months, live in Maine, USA.

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I've known RPG Maker since 95's unofficial translation and used many of them with a friend. First RPG Maker I bought was VX Ace.

MV is the first time I preorder something. I usually wait for sales, but I think they totally deserve it.

29 years old, from Argentina.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I pre ordered it. It seems really promising and I loved all the features in it. The lower price and the bonus content was also nice pre order bonus.

Chickenlump

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Pre-ordered a week or so ago. I'm 37, Live in Lake Havasu City AZ, United States.

Though I've known and tinkered with RPG Makers in the past, MV will be my first. I'm quite excited.

I've played and disassembled/modified quite a few games from my childhood, and drawing tiles, sprites and eventing is something I'm very comfortable with at this point. 

I didn't feel old until this topic...   >_>

Jet Kobayashi Zala

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
First Language
English
I pre-ordered recently and would have sooner had the wife and I not been in the process of moving. I poked around with RM2K and 2K3, but didn't really get into it until scripting happened in XP and have been off and on since. Demographics-wise, I'm 34, Male, Denver, Colorado, United States. I figured I was definitely on the older side of the bell curve. :p

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pre ordered, male, 36 years old, French.

I think the average age is high, as many of us were in their 20s 15 years ago, when starting on rm2k3

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pre ordered too, 28 years old male from France.

I learned of the existence of RPG Maker in the era of XP, but I had already created my own RPG on an Amstrad CPC 6128 before that, at around 12-13 years old ^^

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
While in years I am 12. I replaced all technical staff at my schools, so I am quite advanced  :p

I bought VX Ace in a Humble Bundle, and I used the money I got from making games (and of course helping others) to get MV.

Sugar Rush

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bought and own every RPG Maker since XP. Have started probably 20 RPGs, but always lose interest along the way because the amount of work needed would heavily outweigh the potential earnings. With multi-platform capabilities, these worries are gone, and hopefully will see through my first RPG.

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bought and own every RPG Maker since XP. Have started probably 20 RPGs, but always lose interest along the way because the amount of work needed would heavily outweigh the potential earnings. With multi-platform capabilities, these worries are gone, and hopefully will see through my first RPG.
Since you've owned normal VX... what was it like? I joined the community mid VX Ace, so I never knew much about VX. Do you mind telling me?

Malzir

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
25 years old. British. Started with RM2K thanks to Don Miguel.

XP was my bread and butter. I skipped VX and more or less skimmed over VXA. Chibi/SNES style doesn't work for me these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

AcosmicDevi

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I preordered MV because I liked that it supports mobile and other systems. I'm not sure if I'll convert my current project over because I'm not 100% sure there will be enough art resources available for the new system, especially characters. However, I probably will make future games using it. I'm in the 35 to 45 age bracket and live in America.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raee