Malzir

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I pretty much grew up on RPG Maker. Think it's safe to say many others did too. RM2K was a big part of my childhood and RM2K3 and XP into my teens. I did skip over VX and VXA for the most part though (due to life stuff mostly). Very much looking forward to getting back into the fold with MV. Introduced a couple of friends and we are planning some projects for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lux Fortuna

Legal Eagle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm 27 and wish I had learned about RPG maker years ago... 

It is interesting that a lot of us are in the same age-range. I think a lot of it has to do with us growing up with old-school RPG's and thinking to ourselves "this is amazing, but it would be so much cooler if..."

And that "if..." is at least why I am here. Perhaps you all as well.

Just bought vx ace a month ago and have no regrets, it was worth every cent and I have pre-ordered MV. Can't wait for the 23rd! Hope it's a midnight release!

eisenreich

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
33/M/Pennsylvania, US

I've followed RPG Maker for awhile, but MV will be my first foray into actually creating a game. Like many of the folks on here, I grew up in the NES/SNES era so there's an emotional attachment to the style you can produce with RPGM. 

Everyone should have a creative outlet, whether it's through art, music, writing, or something else. RPGM is a perfect outlet for me and even if my idea never sees the light of day, I'm going to have a blast translating the ideas in my head to a tangible world.

Sindaine

Tired Gamerz Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been using RPG Maker products since the '95 version. Pre-ordered MV the day it was available.

34/M/Canada.

Sindaine

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
32/M/Texas USA

I started with RM 95, 2000, and 2K3 (The Miguel translations, just so that we are clear here).  Skipped XP and VX because I thought that they were complicated.  I mostly didn't use VXAce either, even though I bought it, for the same reason.  I have no excuse now for not buying MV.  It already proved it was worth every penny.

PokarFace

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
oh dear gods...

If YOU are old, then I am Methuselah...

clocking in at a ripe old 32, I am quietly advancing in my years. You whipper snapper's aint got nothing on us old fogeys
If he's old, you are immortal, lol

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Haven't touched RPG Maker VX Ace for a long time, but when I saw the MV notification on Facebook, and read about all of the improvements (such as built-in multi-platform and improved performance) I pre-ordered it.

I'm 43 and live in the US, for those who care about demographics.

DeV.iLLain

What Title?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm in my mid 30s.  I've had RPG Maker VX Ace and 2000.  Rarely used 2000 and did play around with VXAce.  I live in Los Angeles

I pre-ordered MV a minute after I got an email saying that MV pre-order was up.

I plan on making a few games and I have this itch to tell a story and MV will allow me to do just that.

Naridar

Giver of omnomberries
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
23/M/Hungary, been using RPG Maker since XP in 2007.

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
I remember my first download of rpgmaker 2k3 like 12 years ago next is VX then recently purchased rpgmaker ace 3years ago used it only for couple of months and now my interest with rpgmaker is strong than ever with the latest update now that im thirty three years old now.

ET3D

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Still haven't bought it. because I'm a VX Ace noob (due to not having much free time to play with it) and $70 is above my impulse buy range. On the other hand since starting playing with it I got a great idea for a game which could best be described as crapware. I'd really love to create that. Could probably do it better in MV.

Edit: I did it! I guess that being dead tired wore my anti-spending defenses (I already spent around $30 on digital purchases today). This is the single largest digital purchase I made in a long while. I hope that I make good use of it.

As for demographics, I'm a middle aged guy with little kids, a full time job, and not much free time (which I unfortunately spend mostly on the internet), who's been wanting to create a game for a long time. I have quite a few ideas for games, but never got very far implementing them. I hope that spending this amount of money on a tool might be the kick in the behind that I need (although I have my doubts).

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am a month from 25, although I started rpg making at 13. Bought XP, and own VX and VX Ace several times mainly through bundles, but this is the first time I have actively sought an rpg maker since XP.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
31 here. I got turned on to RPG maker when it came out on PSX. Then I imported and bought all the versions to tinker on and get better at development. I played a lot of D&D so it colors my system setup lolz

I wanted to get serious about games development so I took up a bunch of courses in college. I wear a lot of hats (graphics music coding etc).

When vxa came out on cd I got serious. But my games have been in development hell for the past 2 years (bugs! I suck at Ruby. I flunked 2x). I was saving for IG maker and learned flash but that's dead. I then was going for GG maker since Game Maker was a months pay. Once MV was announced (i know JS woot) I donated plasma to get my hands on it (seriously )! Now I'm giddy with excitement. Cant wait to finish these games and see my awesomeness on mobile.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
31 here. I got turned on to RPG maker when it came out on PSX. Then I imported and bought all the versions to tinker on and get better at development. I played a lot of D&D so it colors my system setup lolz
I love DND :D . Do your games take inspiration from DND?

ksart

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm 28 and my MOTHER(50's) was interested in mv when I told her about it, having already been a VX ace user herself.

I don't think the age of those interested in rpgm should be surprising when you consider the platforms we grew up with. A lot of my favorite games were on the SNES, when graphics were limited and story was 90% of the experience. So being able to create a 2d rpg of our own is awesome and attached to a feeling of childhood nostalgia (at least for me) of a simpler time.

NM Play

~ 0..0 ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I'm 22, I dont remember how i started lol... I think was when i was learning about photoshop or something and i saw a comunity of rpgm xp

Still never end a game but i will with MV, because im more skilled right now :p

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm 22.

Not surprised at the age of users really. As mentioned it seems to come from the games we grew up with....man I miss 2D games sometimes. Everything being 3D these days....

Divim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I too have pre-ordered  MV. 

33, M, NY, USA

I started using RPG Maker back with Don Miguel's english translation of 95 and 2k. Then I moved onto RPG Advocate's translation of 2k3. Since the US release I now own 1 license of 2000, 1 license of 2k3, and 4 licenses of VX Ace (Got 2 from a BOGO box copy sale, 1 from steam, and 1 from a humble bundle.), and 1 license of MV. Would love to own a 95 license for nostalgia sake! I also own the old RPG Maker for the original Playstation,

I made little games with my friends back in highschool and we shared them among ourselves. I first bought VX Ace with the hopes of making a game but never made anything accept little short mini games due to lack of time, motivation, and no knowledge of ruby. Today I have more knowledge, time, and skill.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...
BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)
Celebrating the arrival of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotfwing