Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you don’t know what Mv3d is, it’s a plugin for mv that renders your game in 3d.

So I’ve been pondering the idea of using mv3d for the current project I’m working on. I’m just curious about what people think of it and if it’s something you’d use in your game. I like the visual look of it. It kind of reminds me of what they did with the game Octopath Traveler. My concern is really that it might make my game feel a bit primitive, having a grid based movement system in a 3d game. Also, does anyone know of any games or demos that use it?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like it. A grid based movement system wouldn't bother me.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if really depends how it's made, there are 2 games you can look at it
but it have it's up and downs, so the story and gameplay need to be
nice though.

the most disadvance on that plugin is the look, like round pilars on the wall
are mostly just flat, and some object that rotate when players does as well
are as thin and not dynamic enough.

if the game play is nice, it wont be that big of an issue, but if you can handle
the surrounding nicely, go for it.

I can give you the 2 links to the game to check out what is possible
if you like, but like I said, if the story and gamplay is nice, anything
else doesn't matter much if mapping are good too :)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Actually you can import 3D objects to the MV3D, so round pillars are now possible too. I think it's your choice, if the game is good, then it's good, no matter it's 2D or 3D.

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV3D/MZ3D Games:
Minato Bay Prototype
Static Senpai
Loveless Demo

My thoughts: You can toggle it on/off. Which means you don't have to go ahead and make a full 3D game with it. You can have certain maps/scenes be 3D, with rest of your game as 2D.

If a scene works better in 3D. Then use 3D for it, I say.
I'm personally not using it since it's still actively being developed, (hasn't reached it's 1.0 version) and isn't compatible out of the box with other systems & plugins I'm using.
So I'm using UltraMode7 for the 3D effect instead. (UltraMode7 is relatively mature, and compatible with mostly everything I couple with it.)

If MV3D was fully developed & compatible with my project. I'd definitely be using it in certain scenes and minigames. (No reason not to.) :LZScheeze:

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV3D/MZ3D Games:
Minato Bay Prototype
Static Senpai
Loveless Demo

My thoughts: You can toggle it on/off. Which means you don't have to go ahead and make a full 3D game with it. You can have certain maps/scenes be 3D, with rest of your game as 2D.

If a scene works better in 3D. Then use 3D for it, I say.
I'm personally not using it since it's still actively being developed, (hasn't reached it's 1.0 version) and isn't compatible out of the box with other systems & plugins I'm using.
So I'm using UltraMode7 for the 3D effect instead. (UltraMode7 is relatively mature, and compatible with mostly everything I couple with it.)

If MV3D was fully developed & compatible with my project. I'd definitely be using it in certain scenes and minigames. (No reason not to.) :LZScheeze:

Can I ask what systems and plugins you’ve had incompatibilities with?

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I ask what systems and plugins you’ve had incompatibilities with?
A bit hard to answer...
One example is movement. I've had a particular pixel movement system in place, and my events are set up around it. (How they are triggered.)
MV3D broke it. (Since it has its own movement system.)

I couldn't switch off MV3D on a map either. (I'm unaware of what plugin(s) this was conflicting with.)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I drew one of my chars! The man with 100 kids and a lot of love to give :kaopride:
Me: *about to stalk someone's posts*
Forum: "This member limits who may view their full profile."
Me: *bummer*
Also forum: Advanced search > Posted by ...
1B77FB7E-3802-4179-BB2D-F390021512A6.jpeg
Starting a fly by the night dev studio. Anyone want in? Excellent working conditions with onsite lodging. LOL
I finally got all the walk animations done! I mean, I gotta reskin it for the actual characters since this is a character from another project, but still! Doesn't look like a mess now! ;v;
[IMG]https://s3.gifyu.com/images/kalirr-movement-animation-showoff.gif[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcifbf