Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
wsrpg2p.png

Wanted to mix action rpg and turn-based rpg into one thing. If you have the money you can attack enemies from a distance without engaging in the turn-based close combat. You can find some in the chest.
You can level up if you have 300 xp and go to the church/temple.

Controls:
Z - Confirm
X - Sword beam if you have 5+ currency
C - Pause / Item menu

MonsieurClayton

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I think it has a lot of potential.

But I ended up mashing "Engage" during turn-based close combat. I think the Slimes have way too much life. I'd be okay to fight twice as much slimes with a third of their life.

I guess the "Spell" command is still a work in progress and you don't have any yet, right ?
Distance skill is a little too fast I would say, and a SLIGHTLY longer cooldown would not be an issue. Or I guess you could have different weapons with different range / speed / damage.

It would be cool if you could use a potion with a simple button, without going through menues.

Art is cool, music is really fun, don't know if it's OC.

Riding the horse felt really cool and fun.

It's a full game that I would play if it turned out fast paced with a good variance in scenery / enemies, even if the game is short.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Game Ideas and Prototypes. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the game is basic, but fun, but what MonsieuClayton said, the slime has to much HP,
slimes can have 6 HP for example, when you roll higher than the slime, do something
with different dmg deal, 1-3 dmg, slime deals 7 dmg when you rol lower, so you can
change that to 2-7 for example.

you can also do, the roll dice = dmg, if you roll 6, you deal 6 dmg, if the slime roll 5,
the slime deal 5 dmg (this way, both the actor and slime gets dmg based on the roll)

but this is only a feedback.

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it has a lot of potential.

But I ended up mashing "Engage" during turn-based close combat. I think the Slimes have way too much life. I'd be okay to fight twice as much slimes with a third of their life.

I guess the "Spell" command is still a work in progress and you don't have any yet, right ?
Distance skill is a little too fast I would say, and a SLIGHTLY longer cooldown would not be an issue. Or I guess you could have different weapons with different range / speed / damage.

It would be cool if you could use a potion with a simple button, without going through menues.

Art is cool, music is really fun, don't know if it's OC.

Riding the horse felt really cool and fun.

It's a full game that I would play if it turned out fast paced with a good variance in scenery / enemies, even if the game is short.
Thank you for all the feedback. I'm thinking way ahead, that's why slimes seem a little too strong. I haven't implemented weapons yet that give damage boosts. I could shorten combat more and remove "MISS" when both you and enemy roll the same and instead have both take damage.. we'll see.

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the game is basic, but fun, but what MonsieuClayton said, the slime has to much HP,
slimes can have 6 HP for example, when you roll higher than the slime, do something
with different dmg deal, 1-3 dmg, slime deals 7 dmg when you rol lower, so you can
change that to 2-7 for example.

you can also do, the roll dice = dmg, if you roll 6, you deal 6 dmg, if the slime roll 5,
the slime deal 5 dmg (this way, both the actor and slime gets dmg based on the roll)

but this is only a feedback.
I really appreciate it. I don't think it'd be any harm to add the dice roll to the damage also.

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Took the feedback, added dice to damage, also added weapon damage so now combat should be way faster. Let me know if it's better.

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's a good start. It's clear that it is just a tech demo. But it is good. Try to add also new features to make it addictive (I know, easy to say, but not so easy to do, lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:
Worst nightmare this morning, tried to get 20 minutes of work done on my project before heading to work and got hit with a POWER SURGE. Restarted my computer and the project was CORRUPTED, luckily I made a back up a few days ago so I only lost 4 days of work but still
Ami
what the other name of Elixir?

many games are use that,i want name it different.
What does your project folder look like?
I was told that an iPhone can provide a personal internet hotspot...You learn something new everyday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr