Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Three Sons

A remake of the Learson games.

SYNOPSIS
The game is basically a mix of an adventure game and a visual novel. You move the character around like in a normal RPG and have normal dialogue boxes however there is also a larger box that will cover the screen and go into more detail about what is happening.

There aren't any battles or real puzzles the game pretty much consists of exploring and dialogue choices. Trying to give it replay value however apart from a few small instances the only thing the choices really effect is the ending chapter.

The story does have some funny elements (or at least that was their intent) however the overall tone is dark especially the later sections. There is a lot of crudely drawn violence and a general nihilistic tone to the story.

There are three main characters you play as in the story as well as a few others that it will occasionally jump to. The choices you make as these characters, while having little immediate effect, will determine which of 4 endings you unlock.

This game serves as a remake of a game I started making back in 2014 which went by the name of Learson and had 4 chapters released on rpgmaker.net. I feel like the newer version has been streamlined heavily, whole plot threads have been cut, characters gone, battles taken out since they didn't really fit. I used to definitely be a victim of trying to up the playtime with pointless filler. I may have gone too far in the opposite direction this time.....

I am aiming for the completed game to be around 3-4 hours. It s made up of 3 chapters and a shorter 4th chapter depending on what choices are made.

This is my first time using custom graphics and music and I instantly regretted it. However I don't completely hate how they've turned out, was going for a very simple sort of South Park style.

Definitely looking for feedback on the art, it looks fine to my eye but I have no idea how it will look to the general audience. Had some feedback from people I know which basically consists of 'it's okay' which is great I guess if not particularly useful.

SCREENSHOTS
Learson_D.png
Learson_G.png
Learson_Wo.png
I can't draw eyes......
Learson_Tex.png

STORYLINE/PLOT
In this world, a land covered in endless snow, people tell the legend of the Black Knight, a devil like being who ravaged the world and brought chaos and death wherever he went. The people prayed for a saviour and it is said that God himself descended to the land to fight this devil.

God would take on a human form becoming knows as Deus.

But the story is bittersweet, as Deus had to give his own life to destroy the Black Knight. The world was saved but God was dead. This is when the snow first fell.

Some say that Deus will return one day, the snow will cease and all will be right. But others fear that it is the Black Knight who will return.

You never used to believe such tales but now you think there's something to them. Because you've realised the truth. You've realised that you are the Black Knight.

Your name is David, at least it is now. You were just an ordinary man, never held a sword in your life, never needed to. But then, when your family were killed by the bandits known only as the Mad Dogs something woke inside you. Some dark force, some ancient creature. The Black Knight. With his strength you can do anything, no one can stop you. But the more you let him in the more you fear he may consume you. The only thing you live for now is revenge, killing the man who took everything from you, but you have to remain in control of the Black Knight, otherwise your quest could destroy everything

Last edited:

ralphthefifth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Kind of a step down from the first playable character, Ralph has to deal with an upset girlfriend and looking after someone else's kids.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

how does everybody even finish anything

i have like 5 projects in the backburner and it's just so sad that i probably won't get to finish all or maybe even any of them
Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!
welp, I literally can't continue working on ALEX now that my MZ trial is up (unless I somehow place in the jam which I don't remotely deserve to for my unfinished crap) so I am back on my bullshit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H3ctorGH