Pix3M

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm working on a scifi setting. I want multiple weapon slots. This is gonna be a bunch of headaches for me so may as well ask for help. Here's the diversity of slots I want:

1. Primary weapon
2. Secondary weapon
3. Grenades
4. Ammunition
5. Misc
etc etc...

My game does not use a default attack so there will be no issues with the game cycling through all items when attacking. They'll function similarly to items under the armor tab.

I could just have these items created under the armor tab, but it would be odd for me to have my equipment segregated into just primary weapons and an nearly-all-encompassing 'equipment' tab.

Or I could just not use the weapons tab in the database and throw everything under the armors tab, and call it 'equipment' but I wouldn't be happy with that either.

also, i'm using Yanfly's equip core

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HimeWorks has a plugin called Battle Command: Use Skill that allows you to put skills into the battle command, which would help you achieve the effect of having multiple weapons and grenades. It can be found here: http://himeworks.com/2015/12/battle-command-use-skill/

SumRndmDde also has a plugin called Skill Extender that could be used to have the grenade skill type pop up as a list of different grenades you have available. It can be found here: http://sumrndm.site/skill-extender/

Pix3M

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@NinjaKittyProductions not quite what I was looking for.

====

Anyways, I wonder if I can map a weapon into an armor slot... If I do find a suitable solution, I'll share it here

Where's the code that discriminates if an equip slot is an armor or a weapon slot?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My game does not use a default attack so there will be no issues with the game cycling through all items when attacking. They'll function similarly to items under the armor tab.

I could just have these items created under the armor tab, but it would be odd for me to have my equipment segregated into just primary weapons and an nearly-all-encompassing 'equipment' tab.

Or I could just not use the weapons tab in the database and throw everything under the armors tab, and call it 'equipment' but I wouldn't be happy with that either.
If I understand your problem properly, Yanfly has a plugin for that too.

http://yanfly.moe/2017/05/19/yep-137-item-menu-categories-rpg-maker-mv/

You can have a separate category for weapons, armor, grenade launchers, whatever

Pix3M

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Hey there! Hope you're having a nice day, you are awesome!"

(Of course the hand is awful :kaoswt: )
I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killerboy3000