Through top wall RTP Edit

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by Aidan1982, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Aidan1982

Aidan1982 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hanyo99 Requested this so I edited a few wall tops and made this:

[​IMG]
    this is a mix of walls from Dungeon A4/Inside A4/OutsideA4. These are 80% opacity so when a chracter walks behind it the character can be partly seen :)

Here's the 100% version no character see through image.

[​IMG]
    This is the 80% opacity top wall in action:

[​IMG]
    Credit is due to Enterbrain for the original RTP. I don't mind either way if you include me in your credit if you use this. Have fun.

Note 1: this is my original reply to another topic about the walls, I show detailed pictures of what I did. I'm post number 12

http://forums.rpgmak...oof/#entry38634

Note 2: you can have multiple events on one tile if you just use the "set event location" when making an event :) , thats so you can just clutter one area of your map with events and have them automatically moved to where they need to be. Hope this helps.

Edit 1: Here's the voids and t-sections added its now 2 files(decided to post only the 80% opacity, since I think its better since you can see the character underneath):

File: 1

[​IMG]

File: 2

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    Archeia likes this.
  2. choppa8732

choppa8732 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Idk if there are more sets out there like this (have yet to look, was just browsing new content) But this is awesome, definitely gonna use in my game.

3. Aidan1982

First Language:
    English
    I liked the idea when I saw it natural part of vx I think when I saw the characters in valkrie stories walk under the top walls and you can actually make them out. So I decided to do the same by just making wall edits of the tops of walls that I plan on using. Changed the opacity and you can make out the character underneath :) , so you wont get lost in where your character is located lol.

4. Hanyo99

Hanyo99 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    This is totally phenomanal! I am totally thrilled by this mostly exactly what im looking for. If you have the time to finish up sets like this for all the remaining auto walls for interior exterior and dungeon, I'm sure we can pack them up all into one pack, credit the makers who've done the work and set it for a resource. This will make hidden passages and walkable "Star" Priority walls rediculus easy for anyone using the RTP. This one peice if something I cannot do with paint etc. I don't yet have the know how. So to anyone, ANYONE who can do more of these make them! Let's finally nip this hidden passage thing in the bud.

Edit: P.S. The one wall I'm really looking for to start a little later on is the grey "castle wall" from exterior or dungeon I can't remember which, with the black filling for top side. also the wooden walls you have in your example from the original posts that are interior wood with black filling would be epic also. Thank you again for even this much help.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
  5. Hanyo99

Hanyo99 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Ok, In some doodling and testing of these lovely edits, I noticed a couple tiles that could be very usefull to add, although I don't know if they can be squeezed into the tileset you have current, or into another.

Now in this pic, I have I. which is a tile with two corners of wall and mostly black, for the up/down doorway topwall, but next to a larger portion of wall, and II. is one that could be added, but isn't important.

[​IMG]

6. Aidan1982

First Language:
    English
    Yea I forgot about the facing end double corners, I can add 4 of the sets on the sheet. I'm limited to the pixel range vx ace use's which is 512x512 i believe.

7. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    ...Charactersets?

It's a neat idea, though, I won't deny.

8. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    I haven't used Ace much, but in VX you couldn't set passability behind a wall without an overlay script. I take that's the same here, so in order to use this we need an overlay script to walk behind the wall? In any case, I have to say it's a good idea, and might even be something a person can use to map out secrets behind a wall that only the most observant player would notice.

9. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    No, you can set it in one of the Tilesets. Because you can mix and match tilesets in VXA, you don't have to worry about running out of tiles as much as in Ace, so you can use these quite well.

10. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    What I mean is, in VX you could only set an X or O for passability in auto-tiles. I thought the same thing applies in VXA as well. In VX, the solution would be to move the auto tiles into one of the add-ons (where you can then set a star passability), but then you lose some of the auto-tile functionality.

If these are treated as auto-tiles, and you can only set X or O, wouldn't you need an overlay script that lets you walk behind the wall? Unless the tileset passability in Ace now allows a star to be included in autotiles.

11. Aidan1982

First Language:
    English
    Nope VXA doesnt allow the ability to set star on autotiles to walk under objects, only in B/C/D/E can you set the star that makes it the object is above the character. Yea and you lose all functions of autotiles from the A sets. So I made this for top walls as a request, and I was also tooling around with the idea, before I decided to just go with overlays and parallaxing.

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  12. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Got it, that makes sense now.

Thanks for sharing these.

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  13. Aidan1982

First Language:
    English
    Yea no problem, since hanyo wanted them, thought maybe a few others might have a need for them also