First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Throw Command
Version 1.0
by Fomar0153

Description
Implements a throw command, allowing you to throw weapons.
Requires Actor Battle Commands.

Features
Throw weapons at your enemies.
Customise the damage.
Notetag weapons as not throwable.
Notetag weapons to deal bonus throwing damage.

Screenshots
PrjaoXg.png
A7Mk7Mj.png

How to Use
Place the plugin in your project's js/plugins/ folder.
Inside RPG Maker MZ's editor, open the Plugin Manager.
Create a new entry and select this plugin from the list, make sure it is below Actor Battle Commands.
Customise the options to your liking and then click ok.

To give someone the throw command in their battle commands notetag use, "throw" like this:
<battlecommands: attack, skilltype 2, throw, item>

You will need to make a skill for this plugin to use. Scope, accuracy, animation etc are all determined by your skill.
Here's the skill I used when making this:
OFX1P9o.png

For the damage formula I used:
JavaScript:
50*a._throwMult*$dataWeapons[a._lastThrow].params[2]-b.def*2

Once you've set that up you should be good to go!

You can use the following notetags on weapons:
<nothrow> - the weapon will not appear in the throw menu.
<throwmult:n> - if you are using the damage formula layout I proposed then you can use this to make the weapon do n x damage when thrown.

DbffYdV.png

Download
Click here.

FAQ
Q: Nothing seems to happen when I use your plugin.
A: Make sure the plugin has its original name and that you haven't accidentally renamed it.

Q: I get an error.
A: Make sure this plugin is below Actor Battle Commands in the plugin manager.

Credits
Fomar0153

Terms of Use
As long as I am credited, you may use this plugin in your projects both commercial and non-commercial.

jerrypylant

Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This looks interesting.
Does this visually show a projectile throwing or is it just an action?

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I guess it's an action-only, in front-view would be weird see for example a tiny icon of each weapon being launched to an enemy... but! I do imagine this being used in the future as an addon for sideview battle systems like for Visustella I guess (like mv yanfly battle system). In the meantime, it is very useful, remember that not all games are gonna use sideview systems, so this is useful.

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This looks interesting.
Does this visually show a projectile throwing or is it just an action?
It'll use whatever animation you put on the throw skill you setup. I haven't even looked at the new animation format yet, so I have no idea how hard it would be to insert the weapon's icon into it.

Iqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Fomar! Big fan of your plugins and In search of Immortality! This is a great plugin, I'm playing a bit with it atm. I have a little addon suggestion that might make some weapons even more spicy.

Just changing line 132 to
Code:
if (!$dataWeapons[this._lastThrow].meta.boomerang) $gameParty.loseItem($dataWeapons[this._lastThrow], 1);
would allow using Boomerangs that you can throw but you don't actually lose (they come back!) by just typing <boomerang> in the weapon's note. Might be nice to have a rare throwable weapon that doesn't deal a lot of damage but that is never spent!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! Dad said he's going to take me to my favorite arcade and maybe Aquatica.
animated message windows <3
or message window that uses background images that can be animated?
Still need to fix some things, but it's going great so far :)
CEPjLJn.gif
just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.
For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3
Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zabasin