Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
- Oct 15, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
“This soufflé has sunk so far, it brought back souvenirs from Atlantis!”
“The sponge is so bad, even the frosting is running from it!”
Dragons were never the best of cooks, despite themselves being baked in the burning core of the planet itself for 30 minutes - and not a second longer - at precisely 6000 degrees (or gas mark 421 to some of you well-seasoned cooks).
Spawned from the mighty oven of the universe, they desire just one thing from this world: cake.
Well, okay – cake and virgins. But mostly cake.
And although they were born as a result of such mighty talent, they are not always so lucky to possess such a skill themselves. This is where the humans come in, for so long as we bake delicious goods for our scaly overlords, our virgins will stay safe and go mostly unconsumed.
Of course, no two dragons are the same, and some can be a little.. greedy.
Atop the tallest mountain of Draigville, in the deepest depths of the ancient catacombs, lives one such dragon: enter Gordon Roarsay. Don't let his sexy accent fool you; this oversized lizard means some pretty spongy business.
He has been quite the terror to Draigville for rather a long time now, and is on the verge of eating even his own kin to satiate his cake-lusting needs. Almost every business in the town has widened its scope to the bakery market – a desperate last resort to save themselves from Roarsay's hunger.
But dragons do make such lousy cooks..
At the well renowned Draigville Bakery on Main Street, Dunkin scrapes together the last of his savings to hire a fancy new chef from a sophisticated pastry school.
But this chef is perhaps not of the calibre Dunkin had expected from such a prestigious establishment..
NEWS AND UPDATES
27/04/2015 [We Tirawr-missed-u.. okay terrible I'm sorry I'm going.]
So you might've noticed we haven't really updated in an eternity, although I said I'd work on a patch for a couple of issues the contest build had quite some time ago now. That's because we've been working on something: going commercial.
We're aiming to polish the game up pretty nicely, fix the mistakes from the contest, and add a whole lot more content. I've added some images of the kind of thing we've been working on, but it's probably easier if I just provide a list of some of the stuff we're planning to do.
- Change the music: We've got a really awesome composer on our side for this one, and you can expect to hear some amazing, professional tunes that suit the game much better.
- Change the graphics: You might've seen from the new screenshots already, but we've changed all the tiles and sprites, and we're working on some potential cutsceney stuff and finishing portraits.
- Complex recipes: Each recipe has its own method to prepare it. No more tedious sliding bar every time you make something. Now you have to follow each different recipe and put the food together in some slightly more inspired minigames.
- Easier interfaces: The recipe interface for sure is much easier to navigate and understand, showing you inventory quantities and the like. We're hoping the menu to move around from place to place will be a bit cuter soon too!
- Customer interactivity: Some customers get a bit lost and don't know where to find what they're looking for. You can point them in the right direction so they don't leave unhappy.
- On-screen inventory when harvesting: This says it all, but a lot of people complained about not knowing what ingredients they had to hand while out harvesting. Now you can see in real time exactly what ingredients you're carrying when you're out and about.
- Wardrobe: This is actually my favourite part of the game. You can now dress Aarin up in cute little outfits for personal pleasure, but also for some cool bonus effects that can help you bake, collect ingredients and make money.
That's all I can list off the top of my head for now, but there's definitely a lot of work being pumped into this game every day to make it as polished and playable as possible!
13/09/2015 [ Tirawr-ific! ]
Hey guys, long time no speak! I haven't updated this thread in a while, but you can catch some sporadic updates over on our Twitter (@Bunwolf) where we post every couple weeks or so with some shots of the game.
We've added so much to the game since we last spoke though, including some huge updates to harvesting, boss fights, a wardrobe section, bakery styles, etc. etc. The game has just taken such a huge turn in terms of content compared to its younger IGMC self. I'm really excited to start sharing it with everyone.
So you can now dress Aarin up in all sorts of cute outfits that will affect how well he performs!
A lot of these effects have been changed since the video was made, but the outfits are still very much just as cute!
Some huge changes to the way you harvest, including being able to carry THREE items at once now. You can also get bonuses for depositing three items at once, plus a bonus for depositing three of a kind!
And you might even be able to find some wardrobe items out here.
We've added three different areas you can visit to harvest too, instead of just one like before!
Different areas will have different chances of finding better items.. and of course, different monsters!
We've spruced up the ingredients shop a little more now, and you can be abused by the WIP store clerk while you purchase your goods!
Just don't get on her bad side.. She can be pretty scary. And the pictured face is far from her bad side, trust me..
And of course, the bakery section has seen a huuuuge update too! The kitchen will be fully expanded to have different, fun minigames for each recipe you can make, which you can juggle alongside taking care of the store front.
02/12/2016 [TIRAWRMISU - Starting Tutorial]
Long time no update! I've made a video to showcase the first 15 minutes or so of what we had in the game so far, though this is all going to be changed in a completely new build in future. I suppose this footage can now be seen as what's become more like a "prototype," and we'll be overhauling pretty much everything in an attempt to release something a lot more playable and entertaining. Regardless, enjoy what we had so far!
This is essentially what happens when two people (Marimo and Caz) who love cake and dragons with such vigour and with all of their hearts get together and make a game. And yes, you better believe it is the most beautiful foodxhuman relationship you will see in all your days.
- You can whip up a storm of dragon-themed baked goods to appease the humans, and keep your shop topped up with stock.
- Haggle with your customers over the price of each sale. Keep a balance between your shop's cleanliness and serving customers to earn as much money as possible!
- If I can get it done in time, you will be able to cook each product yourself, and maybe even venture out and collect the ingredients yourself.. but we'll see!
These are some images from the new, updated version of the game.
Here is some amazingly adorable fanart drawn by TheAdellie for the game. Asdfashdfas it's SO CUTE. <3
Last edited by a moderator: