TI - RAWR - MISU

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Caz, Jun 22, 2014.

1. The Prince of Sarcasm

The Prince of Sarcasm Prince of sarcasm Veteran

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    Found one little bug. When you are talking to dunkan(he is adorable, but his sprite is ugly.) for the last time before he leaves, there is no sprite for him. This is when he is telling you about how the shop and customers work. I love the new busts for everybody. ;) great job, i hope you do well in the contest.

2. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah butts I thought I'd forgotten his sprite somewhere.. welp, hopefully it's not too noticeable. I think the convo is probably more important in that section, and he leaves anyhow, so it's not like you'd see his ugly butt for too long ahahaha..

But thanks for all your feedback, man, you've been super helpful! :D

3. The Prince of Sarcasm

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    Thank you for taking my feedback well. In real life when i gice any type of critisism or correction, people hate it, because i'm the type of person who rants on and on about every little thing i don't like about something. I like the way i can help people better online. I ahev been reviewing o few games for people, and so far they all have enjoyed my reviews and have found them helpful. (You being one of them). ;) Thanks for letting me play your game. It is super cute. My sister love watching me play it. Bunkan's bust is adorable, especially with his different emotions.Mamn i talk to much in real life and online. *wheh* *breathe....breathe*

Caz likes this.
  4. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh don't worry, I don't take the criticism particularly harshly ahah. Even if anyone said anything truly horrible about it, I would just hide behind shallow excuses like "oh but it had to be done in a month, it's not my fault it's bad!" You talk just the right amount, and I adore people who take the time to feedback and critique, so thank you and everyone who took the time to help us out!

But I'm genuinely very happy that people are enjoying this as much as I loved working with Marimo and making it a reality. This month has been amazing. ^_^

5. The Prince of Sarcasm

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    The newer version is great, but if you are carrying ingredients they still appear above the cake pillars in the forest. :( Man i hate when i find bugs i thought i got rid of.

6. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    S-sadly I didn't quite get time for that one. Though an easy fix, it would've been quite time consuming, and we were working right up until about 20 minutes before the deadline, so.. unfortunately some things got cut. :D ;;

The Prince of Sarcasm likes this.
  7. marimo

marimo Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Ahhh dropping in to say thank you to all those that played and gave us feedback and thank you so much for enjoying the game!! ;w;<333 It was a great source of motivation for those last few days of grinding! X'D <3

Susan, Bukarett, AlliedG and 2 others like this.
  8. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @marimo:

Aw marimo, it's my fault I know...I kinda forced you to post (I'm sorry).

I asked it because I want to thank both you and Caz for making this awesome game (I really enjoyed it)...it's very fun and as I said it's also a breath of fresh air from most of the usual rm games that we usually see around.

The game is short but not that short, fun and enjoyable (just how I like).

Also, great work on the portraits...they're so beautiful.

@Caz:

I see you added the Gold Window in the Shop (as I suggested), thank you very much for that.

And great work on the tiles and the sprites(?), I'm not 100% sure if you made them but I can see your style in them.

-

I hope to see more work from you two in future, you girls are a good team.

Good luck for the contest.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    Susan and Caz like this.
  9. marimo

marimo Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Ahh Dalpina! Not at all x'D I was thinking I would post something, but then I got a little tangled up with words because I was feeling somewhat shy~ and I figured Caz got this whole TALKING TO PEOPLES bit covered--*SHOT* But thank youu~ ;w; I'm happy you think so! I'm still gonna force Caz to make a Harvest Moon game with me! So there is hopefully that in the future hohohon. <3

Susan, Bukarett and Dalph like this.
  10. The Prince of Sarcasm

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    I never liked how rediculous harvest moon games were. I live on a real farm, and you can't just feed a cow and then milk it every day. Cows only give milk for o little while after they give birth. If you guys make a harvest moon game, i would like it to be more realistic. Well actually i'm being too hard on you, though i never did like the harvest fairies and godesses.

11. runic

runic Basketcase Member

I was eyeballing this earlier on the submissions page, and after seeing these screens I am definitely going to try it! As soon as I'm done running around that is!

It looks hilarious...and delicious haha.

Dragons plus cake plus puns? Geez, perfection.

The Prince of Sarcasm and Caz like this.
  12. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dalpo, everything bar the music, sound effects, balloon icons and the few scripts the game uses are made by Marimo or myself from scratch. :D

But thanks for your ongoing support, mang. You are a fantastic friend. ;^;b

@Sarcy, realistic HM is something I've wanted to dabble with for a long time.. but.. it's not something I found necessarily always matched up well with gameplay. Harvest Moon works on a very short time scale, whereas farming is ordinarily very long and drawn out. Realistically speaking, it's about investing a lot of time into something that pays off well in the end, but HM is very much about short term rewards. I dunno, I'd like to see a combo of both of these some day and maybe make it work! 

@Marimo, there's gonna be SO MUCH HM MADE FROM US. It's like the one thing we both spaz out over the most, ahaha..

@Runic, it is good that we see eye to eye when dragons and cakes are blended! I do hope you enjoy the game, a-and apologise profusely for the issues you will no doubt encounter!

Dalph likes this.
  13. The Prince of Sarcasm

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    If you ever want help making a harvest moon game, i will offer my services, giving you insight into real farm life. Then you can decide how you want to balance it. We farm grass seed, animals, so i know a lot about that stuff. Though you are right about farming being long. It takes about a year for all your grass to make a payoff. You plant in late winter early spring, you fertilised in the spring, the you wait, and wait, then you windrow it, then you wait, and wait, then you combine the seed and spread the straw, then the seed gets packed into bags on palattes, then it sits in the ware house for someone to come buy it. By that time it's late fall. Man i ramble on about the stupidest things. Sorry for derailing your thread. Back to cute dragons and cake. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  14. Berri

Berri Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Okay, so my friend wouldn't leave my house until 10pm because she was playing this game.

As I said on RMN, we really liked it. She did find some minor glitches and have some minor complaints. Glitches-wise, she would sometimes try to put a single pastry on a display case and the pastry would simply vanish. We also had no customers visit the new display case when we bought it. On day 7, when we were expecting plot to happen, there was just a brief message saying to wait until day 13. She was really confused and wondered if the derpy protagonist just had the dates wrong.

Despite all of that, she did sort of sit there and play it forever. She really loves it.

Caz likes this.
  15. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    dayum IT AARIN, he is a derp.. ahaha oopsie I forgot to change the snippet where he says it's day 13, it should be day 7. ^^;; Though the display case glitches I wasn't aware of at all, so thank you for that and I will look into it!

I am glad it was enjoyed overall and she played for so long though~!

16. Ultim

Ultim Kartoffel. Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    Looks fun,i'll give it a try.

17. The Prince of Sarcasm

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    LOOKS fun, IT IS FUN! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  18. Adellie

Adellie NPC Veteran

Hi there, 
    I played Tirawrmisu because the gameplay looked pretty different from the other entries.

Liked:
    * Straightforward game.
    * Charming characters with a simple scenario.
    * Shopkeeping pacing is good. I wouldn't even mind a few more individual hagglers. 
    * Recipes don't get harder and harder, rather they get easier near the end so you don't get bored. 
    * The character portraits are all lovely and expressive. Cute, but in a completely tasteful way, that's a big plus for me. ((I can't hold it in. AWWWWShhieeet why is Dunkin's sad face so flippin cute??!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ *flails*))
    * Other visual elements (mapping and ui) work well together too. The main character sprites could be a little better.

Disliked:
    * You had to walk all the way back to the kitchen to get a count of your ingredients.
    * You could use some dialogue at the beginning of each day, even if it's just aarin talking to himself. Dunkin disappears for a tad too long, and it feels pretty lonely tending the bakery in my opinion.
    * In the boss battle, sometimes you hit roarsay and he appears to not take any damage. Same goes with health packs, sometimes there's no apparent change in your hp.
    * I know this'll ruin the point of the cupkrakens, but i also really wanted the ability to dash throughout the game.

Issues: no errors encountered

Well done~

Caz likes this.
  19. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Theadellie, your feedback was super helpful, so thank you. ;^;

Having an inventory in the field was something Dalph suggested I put in but I ran out of time before I was able to put something like that in. Same for storyline.. the bakery does feel very lonely, and I think I ought to spruce up the amount of dialogue in the game with more interaction and character building (particularly Dunkin and Aarin, obviously, but I think it also needs some more townmembers). 

In the boss battle, so long as you heard the noise or saw the animation, there was a hit/you got the pickup. The health bars work on percentages, so while it may not show that health has gone up or down visually, the HP variables in the background are actually changing.

I am glad it wasn't a total flop and that it was well received though, so thank you again! :D <3

Also I very much intend to release an update for this once the competition has passed. The reasoning for this is mostly so there's plenty of time to do it but also so not to confuse anyone wanting to judge things fairly. I wouldn't want anyone to think an updated version was the same as the one released for the contest, after all.

Adellie and Dalph like this.
  20. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's my very quick and sketchy take on the game (link for info on why it's so short and all that jazz)

I can’t really say much about this game because it’s so obviously unfinished. No title screen, some faces are unpainted…

So what can I say? The visuals are appealing (tho the donut dragon is creepy like a mofo…). I was not a fan of the gameplay much, especially because gathering the materials was a pain in the ass for no real reason, can’t run, the enemies are unfair…The introduction punfest is definitely a plus, tho XD

I’d give the finished product a try, but as it is it doesn’t seem to have much going for it except the introduction.

Caz likes this.