mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tarzanthecat Your question really needs to be in a separate thread, but I'm not sure which engine you are using to be able to move it.

And I'm not even sure what your question is.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Regarding the passability problem:
1) Did you use CTRL when you're walking in Playtest mode? During playtesting, CTRL is a control the developer can use to go through "walls". This won't happen in the deployed version.
2) Even if your tile from the A tileset has been set to "X", if you placed an empty tile from B-E tilesets with "O" passability on it by accident, it can allow the player to walk "through" or "on" it.

@mlogan : It's VX Ace from what I see in the screenshots.

Last edited:

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok... so how do I now delete all the old posts so this is valid now cuz I uploaded the music. :kaocry:<- why is that so cute.
And yeah I pressed shift.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't delete them. If you tell me what engine you are using I can move the ones pertaining to your tile issue to a new topic of it's own.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another possibility, if Susan's suggestions don't work, is that you changed the passability of the upper left corner on your B sheet. That specific tile should always have a * passibility setting, otherwise the entire tileset will take on an O or X passibility, if you change it to one of those.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I meant "CTRL". I edited the post too late. "Shift" enables dash temporarily.
The other possibility that mlogan just mentioned is very possible too.

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How do I change it back to a star?

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Go to Tile B of that particular Tileset in your database, and left click on the upper left most tile until it become a star.

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow, issue resolved. Thanks for the help!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"
Poppet Quest stats so far.. 61 views, 20 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 comment, 4 followers gained.... Hmm...
From a content creation standpoint, games really have awful traction. At least the experiment is interesting, time to see what adding Twitter into the mix does. Maybe the supposed 1,290 followers I have on it will prove useful. Then I'll test out Insta. :barf:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duckstuff2008