Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
It just occured to me that I never made this RMW public.

This topic mostly covers some "hidden" stuff in VXAce's Tilesets. I say "hidden" because majority don't notice it haha. But if you highlight or select a tile, this happens:

​

What is this for?
I think it's unavoidable that some tilesets would raise a few questions on what they are. I am also one of those people that can't understand tilesets until someone tells me what they are or if I was able to magically use them right. 

How to do the same with your own Resource Packs/Custom Resources?
It's really easy actually, just make a txt file with the same filename as the tileset you want it to describe. The real problem however is how it's listed. I had to make a reference list for myself so I won't get confused! The numbers indicate how they'd appear in the editor. For empty spaces, you have to add NONE as blank spaces aren't counted.

Tile A1

Example Text File:

Sea Water
Water A (Grass field)
Interior Water
Sea Water (Make sure to check the editor and see if it displays differently. Technically this should be set as NONE)
Lava
NONE
Water A (Snow field)
NONE
Water B (Grass field)
NONE
Water B (Snow field)
NONE
Water C (Grass field)
NONE
Water C (Snow field)
NONE

Tile A2, A3, A4
They all follow the same format in labelling. File dimensions doesn't really matter except you know, the number count. It's Left to Right until you reach the edge, then new line.

Tile A5
Tile A5 sheet is long, but you get the point.

Tile B, C, D, E
The highlighted black part are the ones that are counted first, then it goes to the next half.

By the end, you will end up with something like this!

And that's about it!

Last edited by a moderator:

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I figured this out once I had gotten the Old School Modern Tiles pack and that's why I made the tile labels.  Glad you put this up for others to learn how to make them for their custom tiles. :D

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mother of Epicness!!! You just blew my mind, Archeia!!! I never realized that.. Gonna name each of my tilesets now! (That's gonna take quite some time, actually...)  :D

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Another use for this that makes me dance the happy dance is to add credits to composite tilesets - a real headache.  :headshake:  

IOW, when I make my own Tileset using a bit of this guy's stuff and a bit of that guy's stuff, I had to name the file "Modern Exterior Tiles 2 credit Artist1 Artist2 Artist3 Artist4"

and then keep an XCF file with each artist's stuff highlighted in a different color on a separate layer.

Big pain. Especially when I am still editing my tilesets.....

Now I can just label each slot with the artists name, and voila! Credits taken care of until all edits are done.

Thanks!

Neok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oooohhhh so that's what the text files are for...

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well, Neon, they are intended to say what the tiles are for. I use them a bit differently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bektos