German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Overworld
Outside
Dungeon
SF Outside
SF Inside
Those are just names to tell you what's inside of them.
You could name a Tileset "Forest" if you want to use it exclusively to forests.
For the World & Area type, I found this link.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for performance reasons all tilesets are limited in size. it is not possible to place every possible tile into a single tileset as was done with RMXP.

but if you need different, themed tilesets for different maps, then a name helps you to select the correct tileset.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
World Type vs Area Type affects the way some of the A2 tiles are drawn. For most maps you want Area Type. This is in the help file.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The names are pretty descriptive, do you have a specific word you don't understand?

Additionally, just from clicking on them, you should be able to visually see the difference.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Game Theory is great to practice and all... but it is zero substitute for playtesting a game and saying, "Am I having fun?".
Orbiting the cactus
unborn180.png
Here's this for an idea I might do: A Touhou RPG set in the universe of the Hoi4 mod "The New Order: Last Days of Europe". Expect BurgSys Yukari, the Great Fairy Trial, and funni clock Flandre
The thing I don't like about VRMMORPG anime is that they're unrealistic. I mean, we know we have a lot of ping issues, latency, and desync. Would be funny if you shoot a player and they immediately teleport somewhere because "ha, your internet suck!".
I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keewhee