PK8

I sense there's something in the wind...
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Tile Substitution and Placement

Introduction

This once classic event-command-turned-script lets users substitute a particular tile (either picked out from the tileset or through map coordinates) with another (also picked out by tile index or coordinate) on any or all layers through a call. This also comes with a tile placing call which lets users place a tile picked out from the tileset or through map coordinates onto multiple tiles and layers.

Features

• Substitute a tile (picked from the tileset or from map coordinates) with another (also picked from the tileset or from map coordinates) through script calls.
  • Place a tile (picked from the tileset or from the map coordinates) onto a map coordinate (Ranges and Arrays are allowed for x/y coordinates and layers).
  • Decide if these changes are permanent or not.

Screenshots (RMXP)

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/352ox7d.png[/IMG]Before multiple tile placement calls

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/29n7d53.png[/IMG]

After multiple tile placement calls

Script

Tile Substitution and Placement (RMVXA)

Instructions

All the info is in the header.

Author's Notes

This script (well, the Tile Substitution part) was something that hasn't been seen since the days of RPG Maker 2003. I thought I'd try to script this for the more modern RPG Makers.

As anybody who watched a stream of me making this script can attest to is that getting the "permanent" setting in my script calls was a tough task for me to accomplish. I was trying to find ways to make certain changes to the map permanent and others not so much until I eventually figured one out. It took me a few hours.

Thanks

Bravo2Kilo, Bird_Eater, DerVVulfman, SolarGale, RGangsta, Kaiserkami, Kain Nobel, and IceDragon for checking out the stream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bird Eater

Boredom is just another thing you want to avoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Oohhhh it's finally here!

What do you mean with ' permanent: Is it a permanent substitution? Optional (Permanent setting).'

Does that mean that when you go out of the room and back in, it will revert?

Great job on this, PK :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
Boku.gif
advanced_puzzling.PNG
Having a lot of fun making different poses for my character sets! Open to suggestions/critique!

CSKttqh.png

AABS laser beams features:
1,Shoot penetrating laser beams for player's normal attack
2,Beam's width/damage/comsumes/loot can be controlled by events/variables with great flexibility
3,Beam can rebound to walls or certain regionID
4,Can play SE when shooting beams
5,Beam's images can be solid images or animated ones.
Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adversary