Tiled Plugin (Demo for RMMV 1.3.0+ Released)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Archeia, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Tiled Plugin for RPG Maker MV
    Presented by @Dr.Yami and @Archeia

upload_2019-1-21_9-43-2.png
    • Do you want to use tiles of any size?
    • Tired of RPG Maker VX-MV style map editor?
    • Tired of Parallax Mapping?
    • Want to have more control over your map collision?
    • Want more animation frames from your tiles?
    • Do you prefer a more painterly style of way of mapping?
    Tiled is a general map editor made by Thorbjørn Lindeijer (@BJÖRN). It offers many features such as multiple layers, grid-free object layers and more! We recommend reading the documentation on the Tiled website for the full list. We implemented it in RPG Maker MV for our personal projects and we hope that it will help your project in the future!

upload_2019-1-21_9-49-32.png
    Terms of Use:
    By using this plugin, you agree to the following terms:
    • All our plugins are tested on newer versions of RPG Maker MV. All false reports about this plugin not working on X version of RPG Maker MV will be swiftly ignored and/or deleted to avoid misinformation.
    • You can use the plugin for commercial and non-commercial purposes. If you wish to support us, you can give us a tip.
    • You must credit Dr. Yami and Archeia when using this plugin.
    • You cannot use the RPG Maker materials found in this demo for non-RPG Maker engines. You must own RPG Maker XP in order to use the assets found in this demo for other maker engines.
    • You cannot use any of the custom assets, found in the demo. You can however use any of the image graphics found in Map Templates.
    • We're super busy and we won't have time to do compatibility fixes or checks AT ALL. Please test it out yourself and ask the respective developer for any issues that may happen.
    • We will not take responsibility if your project breaks because of misuse of the plugin. Your project is your own responsibility. Always make backups.
    Sample Project Downloads
    The plugin has a ton of multiple versions based on the Tiled Editor and RPG Maker MV you are using.
    Script-Only Downloads
    Installation
    To get started on using the plugin, there are some very important information that you need take into mind.
    Getting Started
    • In the demo folder, there is a folder called Map Templates. Decide on the Map Grid and the Movement Grid you would like to use in the entire game. For example, if you want a 32 x 32 Grid for both Map and Movement, then pick “map00_Template_32x32” and “Tile_Collisions_32x32” for your game.
    • If you want to use 32 x 32 assets but want a 16 x 16 autotile and movement, then select “map00_Template_16x16” and “Tile_Collisions_16x16” for your game’s template.
    • When creating tile sheets, the size must not be more than 1024 x 1024. Otherwise, you will get a black screen. It’s recommended to load no more than 10 tile sheets per map.
    Tutorials
    • Work in Progress Documentation
      A redo of the documentation. Still in early stages but should contain a lot of useful information.
    • Tea's Jams Terrain Tutorial
      This is a very basic rundown of how to use RPG Maker MV auto tiles as terrains in TileD (Terrains are used like autotiles in TileD) It also covers how to animate RPG Maker animated autotiles in TileD.
    • Deldel's Terrain Tutorial
      This is a short tutorial to show you how to work with RPG Maker's autotiles in Tiled to make pre-rendering mapping easier. If you do not know what Tiled is, it's a program that allows you to create maps with Tilesets (like RPG Maker) but with the added bonus of an unlimited number of layers, unlimited tilesets per map and the possibility to extract multiple PNGs from your map so that you can edit its lighting in photoshop (if you want to) among other things.

To Submit a Bug Report
      To make a bug report, simply report it in this thread.
      Chances are, I will find out about the bug in this thread than by making one in the JS Support forum.
    HOWEVER, before you make a bug report! Download all the latest version of the plugins (and installing them properly). If you don't have the patience to do that, I won't share my patience to fix the bug. If you still get the bug after updating all the plugins and installing them properly, continue on and using this template:

Here is the template to submit a bug report:

Plugin Name: (What is the name of the plugin?)
    Error Message: If you received an error message:
    1. Press F8 when you receive it to open up the debug console.
    2. On the console tab, copy/paste the error log and paste it here.
    3. If you post a screenshot, host it on imgur.com or another website because the images posted here are tiny and I can't read it.
    How to Replicate Bug: In order for me to fix a bug properly, explain to me IN DETAIL, how you managed to get it to occur. If I cannot replicate the bug, I may ask you to upload a copy of your game's project for me online through either Mediafire, Dropbox, Mega.co or any other online hosting provider. Do NOT deploy the game. After doing so, it's best if you send it through private message if you don't want others rummaging through your game's files.

Other: Post screenshots of the bug, screenshots of your plugin list, videos also help, etc. Anything that will make it more clear for me will help me out.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    This is a recreation of our old thread. The reason being there's a lot of misinformation going around and I don't want that clogging up our plugin thread. This should be cleaner, has a working demo, etc. Please stop putting "this doesn't work with 1.6.1" claims.

3. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia, you worked with Yanfly because your video shows Yanfly icons. Thank you for your work. I hope that I have more time and clean up my work too.

4. PitjePitjePitje

PitjePitjePitje Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I played with the OG plugin, and got it to work, but then I fell in love with some 1.6.1 only plugins, so happy you've made this :) Now I can start working on my dream idea in my dream editor ^_^

5. Meike

Meike ||Telling Stories Through Games|| Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is amazing. Thanks so much for the demo! I'm really glad it's backwards compatible with older versions of MV as well.

6. dragonx777

dragonx777 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love TileD, but apparently, I can't make a large world map (256x157) as every time I load it I get a black screen. I know I followed the instructions correctly. I suppose I'll have to create different regions. This is great though.

7. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @dragonx777 Chances are you have a file path issue. If you initiated your tileset and save it as a tsx file without then saving it as a json in your maps folder, it will turn up black on a playtest. selecting the tileset tab on TileD, then "save as" "filename.json" in your maps folder, then try playtesting again. This is a mistake I've made repeatedly... :LZSoops::LZSproud:

(Make sure to save your map before testing so the map json file path for your tileset is overwritten with the corrected file path)

8. dragonx777

dragonx777 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

9. Darklux

Darklux Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great job! Iam currently considering engine options, as Iam used to Tiled I'll definitly try this.
    One question from my side: Is the plugin generally tiled 1.2x compatible?

Tea's Jams likes this.
  10. Tea's Jams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's for use with TileD v1.0.3

Darklux likes this.
  11. Darklux

Darklux Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are there plans to change that fact sooner than later? :)
    My main reason, if you worked with the advanced copy & paste from 1.2 you really don't want to miss it anymore. Made editing with tiled so much more comfortable.

Bjorn the tiled author told me, theres a compatibility plugin for tiled legacy .json format which might make it possible to use this plugin with tiled 1.2.2. But I didn't try it yet.

Bjorn (from tileds official discord):
    @Darklux I don't think Archeia is here, but it looks like that plugin is being kept up to date. It does require the old JSON map format, but you don't need to use an old Tiled for that anymore, since Tiled 1.2.2 now ships with a "json1" plugin that writes the old format.
    @Darklux (If you tested that and it works, please do point that out in the thread you linked to)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2019
    quackenbirdt likes this.
  12. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @Darklux There is a Tiled 1.2.0 plugin version ready. However, making a demo for that will take a while since I have to recreate everything from scratch.

If the new version does support old JSON tho, I'll have to test. Cuz that would be a blessing. I hate it when I use 1.2.0 by accident and it breaks all my maps. I always had issue with conversion on previous map assets.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  13. Darklux

Darklux Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cool :)
    Just saying, if I understand your documentation right (still evaluating if I switch to mv as dev engine), if the plugin relies on the .json file to import maps, users might be able to easily recreate compatibility by using the mentioned legacy plugin. Even if theres no official support for 1.2's new json file format yet. But I might easily be wrong, still trying to read myself into as much as possible to avoid later try & error.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  14. Tea's Jams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you try it, I would be curious as to whether it works, please let us know here. :)

15. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    TheTitan99 and Tea's Jams like this.
  16. Tea's Jams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oooh shiny! Thank you :LZSexcite:

17. quackenbirdt

quackenbirdt Duke of Dogs Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, so I was able to make the collision tileset work, I might be missing something but how do you designate a tile in TileD to act differently like in the RMV map editor? I wanted a tile to act like a counter. The passage restriction in TileD works fine.

Attached Files:

18. Rachnera

Rachnera Caffeinated Spider Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not 100% sure. But you should beable to set up a property for each tile for the bitflags used for that stuff. It won't be easy though, one annoyance is that you can't change the properties of tiles on the same map. (Not that you would want to in this case) :/

If you don't know how the javascript works for MV I can take a look. and make a tutorial for this.

19. quackenbirdt

quackenbirdt Duke of Dogs Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rachnera Yeah, that would be it. I would like to know what custom property for each tile to put, for it to act as a counter or other functionality. The documentation is sadly incomplete and I only have rudimentary knowledge in javascript, so maybe adding a tutorial or notes about tile properties would be greatly appreciated and would help others as well. The collision tileset would need be updated too, if you guys were to add tile properties.

20. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @Rachnera @quackenbirdt we don't have those properties sadly. We wanted the tilemap editor to be simple for our game's purpose. Adding those features might instigate unexpected issues for our project. The source code is in the OP if you need help with implementing that.