Tiled Plugin (Demo for RMMV 1.3.0+ Released)

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this plugin @Archeia.

I'm having issues with making a map using my own tilesheet.
The tilesheet is 480x480 with 24px tiles. The map tile size is also 24x24, and the map size is 30x20. .tmx, .tsx and .json are separated. .json map and tileset are in the maps folder, and .png tileset is in the img/tilesets folder. But I experience a bug "Cannot read property 'tilewidth' of undefined".
Video -
I had this bug even yesterday, but it somehow got solved. Now I got it again.
Can you help me?

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's not a bug. It's a user error. There's a difference.
Most likely you are using an external tileset that is not a json file. Please follow the instructions at the post.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, an error. I said I have .json tileset in the maps folder.

Whatever, I now see the cause of the error. Tiled has this shortcut that allows you to mirror your tile. For me, it's the letter 'X'. When I did not use that, everything worked good, and it gives me an error just as I use that. However, you can remove that mirrored tile, and the game will work again.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh yeah, we don't support flipped tiles. I could've sworn I wrote that somewhere.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I realized my original resolution issue went a bit deeper than I thought. When using 16x16 tile and character assets, there's a visible amount of bleeding/blurring without any upscaling. Below is a side-by-side comparison of what the in-game assets look like on the left, and what the source PNG's should look like on the right.

I tried using the texture-correcting code found in ArcheiaSnippets.js and ArcheiaRemoveBlur.js, and inserted the "<style type="text/css"> CANVAS{image-rendering: pixelated;} </style>" line into the index.html to prevent any upscale-filtering, but the results were exactly the same. Both the tiles and the sprites exhibit clear changes, so I was wondering if this is just a result of how the TileD plugin inserts itself into the rendering process.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I realized my original resolution issue went a bit deeper than I thought. When using 16x16 tile and character assets, there's a visible amount of bleeding/blurring without any upscaling. Below is a side-by-side comparison of what the in-game assets look like on the left, and what the source PNG's should look like on the right.

I tried using the texture-correcting code found in ArcheiaSnippets.js and ArcheiaRemoveBlur.js, and inserted the "<style type="text/css"> CANVAS{image-rendering: pixelated;} </style>" line into the index.html to prevent any upscale-filtering, but the results were exactly the same. Both the tiles and the sprites exhibit clear changes, so I was wondering if this is just a result of how the TileD plugin inserts itself into the rendering process.
Nope. I use 16x16 and don't have this problem. For one, Tiled doesn't even touch character rendering.

It's possible that your RPG Maker resolution isn't scaling properly. When you take a screenshot, check what resolution it's in and if it follows your set scale. Try disabling community basic from your plugin manager if you have that enabled.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does anyone know how to do a transfer event from one map, to another map on level 1? (Like going from a Tree house exit to the porch where the front door is) The character seems to default to level 0 (under the porch) and move events don't trigger a level change. (I tried doing a quick move event to change the level before the screen fades in, but it doesn't register.)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does anyone know how to do a transfer event from one map, to another map on level 1? (Like going from a Tree house exit to the porch where the front door is) The character seems to default to level 0 (under the porch) and move events don't trigger a level change. (I tried doing a quick move event to change the level before the screen fades in, but it doesn't register.)
You can use a variable and add it on a map teleport.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do I have to add a custom property in TileD? If so, how do I tie it to the transfer event and the variable you mentioned in RPG Maker?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do I have to add a custom property in TileD? If so, how do I tie it to the transfer event and the variable you mentioned in RPG Maker?
Variable is in Plugin Manager.
Custom property on tiled for levels yeah and you need a duplicate collision too. The demo should've had a level example IIRC.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok, cool. Thank you so much. I looked at the demo, but I must have missed it. :)

BurningBeard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello,
thank you for this awesome plugin.

But I have problems with the zIndex.
Layers with zIndex set to 1 or 3 works fine. But Layers set to 5 draw below the Hero.
I use RPG Maker 1.6.2 and test it with Tiled 1.3.1 and Tiled 1.2.3.
I don't use any other plugins.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,
thank you for this awesome plugin.

But I have problems with the zIndex.
Layers with zIndex set to 1 or 3 works fine. But Layers set to 5 draw below the Hero.
I use RPG Maker 1.6.2 and test it with Tiled 1.3.1 and Tiled 1.2.3.
I don't use any other plugins.
What are your plugin settings?

BurningBeard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
The settings are:
Z - Player = 3
Z - Below Player = 1
Z - Above Player = 5
Half-tile movement = false
Priority Tiles Limit = 256
Map Level Variable = 0

BurningBeard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay I activate the libjson1 plugin in Tiled 1.3.1 and save the map as JSON map files [Tiled 1.1].
Then I get the Error:
rpg_managers.js:1949 TypeError: properties.find is not a function
at getProperty (YED_Tiled.js:1200)
at Game_Map._setupCollisionFull (YED_Tiled.js:1393)
at Game_Map._setupCollision (YED_Tiled.js:1368)
at Game_Map._setupTiled (YED_Tiled.js:1277)
at Game_Map.setup (YED_Tiled.js:1258)
at Game_Player.performTransfer (rpg_objects.js:7480)
at Scene_Map.onMapLoaded (rpg_scenes.js:569)
at Scene_Map.isReady (rpg_scenes.js:561)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2018)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)

Then I download Tiled 1.1.6 and opened and saved the map with it, but I get the same error.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a game demo with this with map templates that should work immediately with Tiled. Is there a reason you're not using that? @BurningBeard

BurningBeard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you. Now it works. But the solution was not the map template.
The problem with the zIndex and the error with the JSON map file [Tiled 1.1] format occurred with YED_Tiled v1.30.
Now I tested YED_Tiled v1.20 with JSON map file [Tiled 1.1] format and everything works fine.
Can you confirm this problems with YED_Tiled v1.30?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you. Now it works. But the solution was not the map template.
The problem with the zIndex and the error with the JSON map file [Tiled 1.1] format occurred with YED_Tiled v1.30.
Now I tested YED_Tiled v1.20 with JSON map file [Tiled 1.1] format and everything works fine.
Can you confirm this problems with YED_Tiled v1.30?

Like I said. It only works with 1.1.0 - 1.1.6 because of JSON structure change from Tiled's development. I do not support 1.2.x+ right now. I even put the exact version in Installation.
Installation
To get started on using the plugin, there are some very important information that you need take into mind.

BurningBeard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't mean the problem with newer Tiled versions.
I mean this error with the YED_Tiled version 1.30

rpg_managers.js:1949 TypeError: properties.find is not a function
at getProperty (YED_Tiled.js:1200)
at Game_Map._setupCollisionFull (YED_Tiled.js:1393)
at Game_Map._setupCollision (YED_Tiled.js:1368)
at Game_Map._setupTiled (YED_Tiled.js:1277)
at Game_Map.setup (YED_Tiled.js:1258)
at Game_Player.performTransfer (rpg_objects.js:7480)
at Scene_Map.onMapLoaded (rpg_scenes.js:569)
at Scene_Map.isReady (rpg_scenes.js:561)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2018)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)

But with version 1.20 it works fine. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just for the lols I have taken the Szondi test. That test looked like a load of bull. But for whatever reason it was incredibly accurate.
How can a society function with an entire media establishment that is complicit in publishing partisan slander and easily disprovable lies right alongside each other with no accountability whatsoever? After I live through it, maybe I'll make a game based on it. The level of dishonesty at this point just astounds me though.
If you download a resource, be it art or plugin, please thank the creator for their time. We are all guilty sometimes of just grabbing something without commenting. Now is the time to go through your credit list and visit the threads/site where you got the resource from and leave a heartfelt thank you!
October is officially here. I'm hoping to get a call from Spirit Halloween soon. It didn't happen today, but I've got to keep my head high.
So, what is this "Inktober" everyone's speaking about? Because apparently, I have no idea what happens on this site...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SebasMonsalve