Level 99 Demi-fiend
- Mar 1, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
- Are you a fan of prerendered/parallax mapping?
- Are you used to RPG maker XP's way of mapping?
- Do you want to collaborate with a mapper without them needing RPG Maker?
- Do you want to be able to work on your events and maps separately?
- Do you wish RPG Maker's way of mapping is closer to an image editing software?
- Do you want unlimited layers?
- Do you want more control over animations?
- Well, now all those worries are gone! Instead, let's just use the awesome map editor, Tiled! Free, easy to use and very flexible Map Editor. Grab it from here: http://www.mapeditor.org/
Features include all (but not limited to) the following:
- Any tile size maps!
- Any number of layers!
- Manual collision layers!
✼ What's New?
The new Tiled plugin has brand new properties for you to explore and play with!
Here is a complete list and documentation for your reference!
- Different Tile Size support in one game
- Mirror Cast
- Tile Blend Modes
- Doodads / Grid-Free / Object Layer Support
✼ New Terrain SettingRPG Maker has an amazing autotile system that no other map editor can quite grasp. We're currently writing a converter and a new tutorial for a brand new terrain that emulates this system. Please look forward to it!
✼ Commercial Games Showcase