TileD Plugin (Version 1.3.0+ Released)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Archeia, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaine

kaine Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    @Archeia regarding my problem?

2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @kaine I don't get it? Try adding ! on the filename of the hero pixel.

3. kaine

kaine Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Thank you now works ^^

4. ashikai

ashikai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Gotcha. So you'd almost have to use a bounding box script in conjunction with this one in order to get it to behave correctly when using smaller tiles... I didn't resetting the grid size changed sprite and event behavior.

Thank you. :)

5. Cerileyn

Cerileyn Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I kind of feel stupid for this, but I was going crazy trying to figure out why none of my attempts at getting a map to view in a game was working.  I tried reinstalling, and even redownloading YED_Tiled Plugin several times, and watched what few videos on youtube there are on this plugin (seriously, there are literally three videos, and yours was the only one with commentary that I could follow, save the tiny resolution).  I even posted a comment in that video asking for help on the matter, and eventually I thought "why don't I just download your demo?" Maybe there was something I missed that I wasn't doing correctly.  And then it was like a slap on the back of the head, as if to say "you're such a dolt!".  The demo worked just fine and the reason was because the plugin I was using for the past three weeks, that I had been getting from all the links I saw for it, was outdated.  NO WONDER THE MAPS WEREN'T SHOWING UP!! xD  So, it might be a good idea to double check the links redirecting to all locations where you can download the plugin to make sure they are the correct version.  I seriously thought I was either THAT crazy or my computer was just not compatible for the plugin.  It may be fixed now, but the link on the first page was originally where I downloaded the plugin to begin with.

That being said, and now that I was finally able to get it working, THIS THING IS AWESOME Archeia!

I am looking forward to the rewrite too.  Since, and I found this out just today, I will need to cut my tiles down to something closer to 48 x 48 since my massive 180 x 180 + tiles crashed my system LOL.  I mean the map loaded alright, but when I entered and then exited the main menu, my computer decided "Pbbbbt" (<--- that by the way is the literal phonetic spelling for a raspberry xD!!)

Archeia likes this.
  6. Sarkilas

Sarkilas Villager Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    I have tried to look for answers to this, and weren't completely able to figure it out myself, but can autotiles be implemented? I've tried the terrain tool, but to no avail. Read a lot about it and it doesn't seem to work the way we'd want it to?

I really love this solution as the MV editor is just horrible for advanced mapping, and I am just drawn back to XP at this point. But if I can't use autotiles, it limits me a lot again.

If I missed posts about this already, I apologize in advance.

Thanks!

7. Cerileyn

Cerileyn Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The short answer to this is yes and no.

If you are referring to the ability to grab a single tile and paint with it by automatically generating the right kind of terrain based on edges, then no, TileD cannot do this (yet).  However, and this is a bit more complicated, there is a feature called "auto-mapping", in which you create a new map, essentially alongside the current one you are working on, call it 'rules.tmx' or something like that, create a text file with that map's name inside it, then create a sort of "search and replace" feature that will replace certain tiles you place on your maps with other tiles (you specify).  If you are interested in auto mapping, there are youtube tutorials on how to use TileD, including one on auto mapping.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tiled+auto+mapping

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  8. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Are there any plans regarding the rewrite of this plugin? It'll probably start after RMMV 1.3 update?

9. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM

yes I announced it pages ago -w-)b

kaine and gRaViJa like this.
  10. Cazziuz

Cazziuz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    just to clarify this plug in is broken in the current version of MV (1.2)? and if i want to use it i have to roll back the update to mv? 

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016
  11. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    It's not broken, it even works better than in 1.0 and 1.1, but the lag can only be fixed when Mv is updated to 1.3 (because then it will use Pixi v4)

12. Cazziuz

Cazziuz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    so it will still work ? i tried to load a map i had made and it wouldnt load , so i was wondering

13. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    If you give more details about the error and your project (other plugins etc.), someone might be able to help.

Edit: I also have a question: does this plugin prohibit the use of region id's? Because this plugin doesn't seem to work but it works fine in a new project:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2016
  14. Cazziuz

Cazziuz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    on the first page there is a addon for this plugin , it *should* be what you are looking for ,in the terms of using region ids with this plugin. 

on the note of my map not loading , i got it to work , somehow the file got named wrong , so i reloaded it in tiled and resaved it with the correct naming and it works fine.

gRaViJa likes this.
  15. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM

TileD has its own Region ID implementation.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
  16. Khayalan

Khayalan Mapping-Guru Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Interesting PlugIn ^^

Used TileD years ago and i really appreciate i have the option to have more layers?

But is there a tutorial (in best case a video) which shows us how to export the map to MV

I did read the instructions but i think i cant follow them ^^ (I have to improve my english... now ^^)

EDIT:

GOT IT! Too bad the Collision is buggy when using 12x12 or is that my fault?

This PlugIn is just EPIC  :)

Here a few things i would really like to see in the next version:

-Fixes for collision (or maybe options to edit, like Quasi Movement, compatibilty patch would be also cool) 

-Additionally it would be cool to use TileD Collision-Editor for better Collision maps ^^

-Prerender of the Map in the Map-Editor of MV (I think that isnt possible ^^ But it would be cool...)

EDIT2: -Implement the Tiled Animation-Editor :)

EDIT3: -Use a technique to set a tile to be above the player for ever (through the Tileinormation Editor for example)

-Khayalan

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  17. Geovid

Geovid Villager Member

First Language:
    Eng
    Heyz, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, It's just not working for me. I'm not getting an error, every time I test, It's just a blank black map.

I downloaded & installed the .Js, It's the only plugin 'on'

Here's the checklist:

1. Create a New Folder named **maps** (without asterisks) inside game project's root folder. (CHECK)

2. Create a new map in TileD. The settings must be CSV and Orthogonal. The Tile size you set will be the grid in the game!
    When loading your images, make sure to reference them all in the game's **img/tilesets** folder.   (CHECK)

3. Export as json file and make sure that the filename is Map*ID*.json. ID being the map's index as seen in the editor. DO NOT ADD "00" (CHECK)

4. Put all json files from Tiled into the **maps** folder. (You only get one Json file per map correct? then CHECK)

5. Put all tilesets into the game's **img/tilesets** This is a reminder! (Thats where I'm using the Tiles from CHECK)

6. Put `<position: X, Y>` into an event comment box for positioning. (????????????? WAT)

7. For upper layer (layer that ABOVE player), add *Custom Properties* (in Tiled) `layer` with value `upper` (CHECK)

8. For lower layer (layer that BELOW player), no need to add anything (CHECK)

9. For collision: any Tile Layer with *Custom Properties* (in Tiled) `collision` with value `true` has collision. 
    Which mean any tile that is not empty in that Layer will have collision. You can turn off Visible for Collision Layer if you want.

10. For Region ID: any Tile Layer with *Custom Properties* (in Tiled) `regionId` with value is number will make any tile that is not empty has a region ID of entered number.
    You can turn off Visible for Region Layer if you want. 

11. Images for Image Layers should be put in **img/parallaxes** (1 Map referenced an image for the terrain, one map didn't, both are showing up blank :\)

12 & 13  seems N/A
    No Error message, so I'm thinking I'm forgetting something simple... though, I'm pretty sure I did everything on the list.. Any idea what I'm doing wrong??

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2016
  18. Authumbla

Authumbla Listen To My Soundcloud Fam? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I fully agree that if you can implement compatibility with Quasi's pixel movement plugin this will essentially be the best possible thing for RPG Maker.

I'm so glad this plugin exists!

19. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I found out your issue after searching the project file again and..

This is for everyone in general whenever making HTML5 games.

1. Do NOT make your image files greater than 2048 pixels. It will cause issues.
    2. I recommend that if you do not want to encounter any issues ever, including lag or files not loading, tilesets needs to be 1024x1024px MAX, 16 tileset graphics per map.
    3. If this is a problem, then you have two choices:

Create or use a preloader. and pray to God that the game won't lag.
    4. Wait for HTML5 technology to get better.

• Collision is not a bug. If you changed the grid to 12x12, then all of the collision is 12x12. This is intentional design.
    • We do not have any plans to support it at the moment.
    • We do not have any plans. It is impossible.
    • The TileD Animation Editor IS implemented.
    • You can set a tile above the player. It's in the instructions.

#6 is for event positioning. We explained this ages back.

#4 Make sure that the JSON file you put there is the one that came from TileD. 

If these does not work, then we will need to see how you set it up. Either a small sample project (We do not accept projects over 100 MB) or give us screenshots.

We do not handle compatibilities and are swamped with work. TileD plugin changes the map handling itself so it will cause issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2016
    ashikai likes this.
  20. DGDgamer

DGDgamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Now that RPG MV 1.3.0 is out what will be the ETA on 1.2 version of tiled? Will it allow for animated tiles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.