Status
Not open for further replies.

BJÖRN

Artist
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Many thanks Yami and Archeia for developing such an awesome looking plugin! It's great to see that it is possible to load Tiled's maps in RPG Maker MV directly, and I'm sure the additional flexibility offered by Tiled can benefit many in making their maps.

Of course, some will miss certain features present in RPG Maker's map editor. As was said earlier, Tiled is free software so anybody could extend it as needed. And I am in fact still actively developing it thanks to voluntary support I receive from users each month. I would really welcome your feedback or any suggestions to improve Tiled or to enable better RPG Maker integration. Your suggestions are welcome either on the Tiled forum or on the Github issue tracker.

I'm currently working on Tiled one full day a week and am trying to reach enough support to work two full days/week on Tiled. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mistral

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And I'm back again with a new problem D:

I didn't thought about testing it this morning but now this happens when trying to load a saved file : http://i.imgur.com/NBSEDMO.png . Again, I tested it in a new project with no other plugins, with and without an upper layer, thinking it was perhaps the problem, but to no avail.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is that a game that was started AFTER adding the plugin?  Or was it started and saved prior to adding it?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just tested. It saves and loads normally. Don't use an older save file!

Mistral

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Weird. I thought it might be the problem but I took a whole new project, and tested it, the same error still happens. I tested it a bit more : it does happen if you save, close the game window, reopen it and try to load, but doesn't if you save, go back to the game title and try to load.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah right before that post I tested again to be sure (since I just woke up) and indeed the error comes when you close the game.

We'll have to look at it tomorrow ;~;

DMJohn0X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No I don't have any idea. You have to tell me what you exactly did. How did you test? Do you have any other plugins? Did you test it first in an empty project? Etc.

We contemplated on this but decided to just use parallaxes/pictures for that. Since as of now, Animated tiles in TileD is confusing.
That is a shame. Parallaxing method seems to severely lag mobile ports. I was hoping we could do it in-editor and perhaps save some fps.

Also, Thanks so much, Bjorn. TileD is a great tool. I've played around with it before. I love your work!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 1.1.2 is up. Saving and Loading Works properly now and I tested Map Transfer, Battles Battleback and Map Battlebacks. There should be no issue vanilla wise :)

DMJohn0X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So maps made in TileD cannot be displayed in the MV Editor and the MV editor is still needed to event with?

I'd love to see a small demonstration as to how to quickly make a map using 24x24 or some other non-standard tile size that doesnt translate well to MV and eventing on it afterwards.

Also,one of the big draws for TileD was the ability to parallax within it. Can we still get this and not have to use the annoying bind to map plugin?

cdaz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Wow !!! 

This is Super Cool !!!

I'm Alway hate VX & MV Map system and want to use XP style on MV.

(MV is Good but I hate that every thing in MV are block just like Lego or Mind Craft

I love 16 bit style of XP more than new Lego Style map)

but.... however 

Is this plugin can work with [Kaus Ultimate Overlay] and [Terrax Lighting system]?.

If it work this just like some kind of miracle for me.
(Sorry if someone already ask this question before)

Any way thank you very much for this awesome plugin.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So maps made in TileD cannot be displayed in the MV Editor and the MV editor is still needed to event with?

I'd love to see a small demonstration as to how to quickly make a map using 24x24 or some other non-standard tile size that doesnt translate well to MV and eventing on it afterwards.
Just do it normally in RM. All eventing is done in RM but you just need to specify their coordinates.

Or in image fashion

FIRST HIGHLIGHT THE TILE WHERE YOU WOULD WANT THE TRANSFER EVENT TO HAPPEN:

Y9RGE7u.png

MAKE A COMMENT IN YOUR EVENT LIKE THIS:

k0JxOdb.png

That's how you do it :)
Also,one of the big draws for TileD was the ability to parallax within it. Can we still get this and not have to use the annoying bind to map plugin?
yes. It's called Image Layers as we said in instructions.

​
11. Images for Image Layers should be put in **img/parallaxes**12. For parallax: add *Custom Properties* (in Tiled) `parallax` with value `true` to Image Layer. Add *Custom Properties* `planeX` and `planeY` for parallax moving.

13. For arrow passable: add *Custom Properties* (in Tiled) `arrowImpassable` with value `up` `down` `left` or `right` to Tile Layer. Any tile that is not empty on that  layer will make the *direction* based on `arrowImpassable` value impassable.
Is this plugin can work with [Kaus Ultimate Overlay] and [Terrax Lighting system]?.

If it work this just like some kind of miracle for me.

(Sorry if someone already ask this question before)

Disclaimer:

We're super busy and we won't have time to do compatibility fixes or checks AT ALL. Please test it out yourself and ask the respective scripter for any issues that may happen.

charblar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

I posted an older video aa page or two back from back before MV came out, gave all the new footage to Nessy and she's doing a new video so that should be out soon.

arcthemonkey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dank Memes
This is enormous. I can't thank the people responsible for this enough. I'm stoked to see how well it works out. I'll test ASAP!

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't even wrap my brain around this stuff.

There is a way to do auto tiles and animated tiles in TileD but damn... i kinda wish you could just use TILED to draw a map with then just use parallaxing.

Like draw it out, take a photo some how.. and use it.

I dunno...

I hope the next RPG Maker solves this issue on it's own, options for tile sizes and maybe go back to the old way of doing auto tiles.

Anyhow, i don't mean to upset or offend.. just giving my thoughts.

I'm still getting used to TileD...

DarkSlayerEX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Animated tiles might be easier to do if  animated Gif support is implemented into the Tileloader. Just a thought.

Note I am not referring to auto-tiles. Just tiles that animate.

charblar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Like draw it out, take a photo some how.. and use it.
You can export each layer of your TileD map as a transparent png file and do exactly that (as long as you have a script for doing parallax), you just won't have as many layers though.Either was your not going to be seeing the maps in the editor unless your planning on working at 48x48 and you could put like a parallax just for reference while placing events.

But anyways as I've said before we're getting a video set up just give it a little bit of time.

DMJohn0X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I posted an older video aa page or two back from back before MV came out, gave all the new footage to Nessy and she's doing a new video so that should be out soon.
Thanks, I appreciate that. Sometimes people who are familiar and actively work closely with a product will explain things in ways that seem common sense and direct, but for those without the same reference of mind and experience, they are not clear.

While a picture speaks 1000 words, a 45 second video speaks near 100 times that.

kaine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I have a problem with the teleporters.

I used the teleport with the quick creation event, but still does not change the map, despite the requirement to switch to Map # 2.

In addition to not change the map, I find the events of map # 2 in the map # 1.

Same thing if I try to replicate the example shown in this image.

k0JxOdb.png

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow, that thing will save me so much time. Now this is really a reason to look forward to switch to MV. No more nasty "shift-click" and "click-omg-all-my-shift-clicks-are-gone" and the best, I am already using TileD to create my maps before I redraw them in Ace. Thanks a lot for the effort!

203x

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Great Plugin!!!

You can join change the layer visible in the game would be great.

It will be able to do a lot of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.
Ugh. Head heavy with sick juice. I wish I could work on my stuff. o_O
I'm coming back to my work with Learn RPG Maker MV. Soon I'll be posting previews screenshots for my "paterons"! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finella