bluechuii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't figure out how to get my TileD maps into RPG Maker MV. I've only seen tutorials for other RPGMaker programs but I can't find or figure out much for MV. I followed this thread (Link) and the pdfs that came with the plugin but I'm still not fully understanding how it works or what I'm doing wrong? Also, When I have the plugin on; my game doesn't load at all and just says "Can not read property 'width' of undefined"

I feel like MV's tiles are too big for what I would like (preferably the same as VX Ace 32 x 32) and I saw TileD is best for 'resizing' tiles. So, If there's no easy way for TileD maps to be up into MV; Is there another easy way to have smaller tiles in MV?

(dumb it down if possible, please, I'm still fairly new to RPG Maker )

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The thread you are checking is outdated. It should be this one.

Here's a demo:

The PDF Getting Started should've avoided you from getting that error. What it means is that you have not created a tiled map. Every map onwards needs a Tiled map equivalent.

Make sure to download only Version 1.0.3 to 1.1.x of Tiled. Any higher and it will not work. This is because Tiled updated how it does JSON files.

Follow the guides here very carefully:

Start here:

Then here if you want a really fast map.
http://archeia.leafo.net/Docu/RMMV Tiled Plugin Documentation/index.htm#t=Create_a_New_Map.htm

Are you ready to edit some tilesets?
The guide should tell you some basics on how to edit them. But if you want a more optimized way of creating autotiles that can emulate RPG Maker terrains, then you have to reference the MZ version. Note that you cannot just use the maps from this version to MV because of the JSON changes.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Messed up the chains... :kaoback:
Sw7U8dA.jpg

Character: Jeanne D'Arc from Fate/Apocrypha.
Neptrone wrote on Andar's profile.
Hello Andar, i just saw you created a lot of helpful thread in the past regarding RPG, genre, game design, etc, etc.

Do you have full collection or list about every useful thread that you made in the past ? I think it would be very useful for me.

I-G-M-C, I-G-M-C!
To be honest, I had no idea what this was until now haha. But it looks fun, so my main game is on hold for a month while I participate! :yhappy:
Going live for tonight's Rise of the Third Power! Twitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCMLinx