RavenSHO

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Has anyone experiences what is depicted below? Im trying to figure out why that continues to occur. I do not want to continue having to create every map twice. I say twice as I test the map, and it shows a variation of what is below, then I recreate the map a 2nd time, and it fixes the issue.

1610809440925.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MZ has more layers and likely what is happening is you are putting a tile down, changing your mind, then putting a new tile on top. Because you put a new tile on top, you think it erased the other one but it didn’t. And because of passability settings, the “erased” tile now shows up when you test your game.

It can be frustrating for sure. The best way to check is to go into the layers tab and see what is on each layer.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
effects like that are usually caused by data and tiles that don't fit together, but there are several different possibilities here.

1) are you using incomplete tilesheets?
That means tilesheets that are smaller than the full size expected for the sheet format.

2) are your maps smaller than the screen size?
basically if the map size in tiles is smaller than the screen size in tiles, the engine has problems handling the map data - usually resulting in repeated maps, but in rare cases something might look like your screenshot.

3) tilesheet properties (star passability) like explained above

4) if you're using one of the tile manipulation plugins like doodads, a wrong configuration can cause this
I don't know which ones have been ported to MZ yet...

RavenSHO

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
All, Thanks for the help and responses. First off, it may help Im currently using MZ. I am using the KR and FSM tilesets. They are set for MZ in tile size dimensions. And using the VisuStella plugins. And to the point of the layers... this is a fresh map, with zero tiles added, and that is what shows up when I playtest a blank map. But once I create a second "new" map its free and clear.1610815262757.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this points toward either partial tilesheets or a mapsize problem or something like that.
you didn't give any numbers for us to check those possibilities I already mentioned.

what is the total pixelsize of the tilesheets you're using for B-E? It doesn't matter who made the sheet or in what grid, it's the total numbers that matter here.

what is the size of the map in tiles, and what is the screen size in pixel you've set the game to in the plugins?

please give a screenshot of the plugin manager with all your plugins and their order visible.

RavenSHO

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maps are varied. But the pictures I showed you were 11x11 and 17x13 respectively.

All tilesets are 768x768 which the imported tilesets are compared to the stock sets. And each tile is 48x48

1610818321633.png
1610818358687.png
1610818395125.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But the pictures I showed you were 11x11 and 17x13 respectively.
and what is your screen size? because 11x11 is too small for default screen size, that has a minimum size of 17x13...

RavenSHO

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So minimum regardless should remain at the default 17x13?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So minimum regardless should remain at the default 17x13?
no - that is why I asked again and again for your screen size setting.

the minimum map size is the screen size. If you increased the screen size, then even 17x13 is too small.
for example a game set to screen size 1056x816 pixel will require a minimum map size of 22x17 tiles.

If on the other hand you reduced the screen size, then you can use smaller maps - reduced screen size just has a problem with some menues due to being too small for all info.

EDIT:
and you don't have to use all that size, you can make a frame of black borders around smaller rooms - those black borders just have to be tiles, the map itself can't be smaller than screen size

EDIT2:
In case of RMMZ, the screen size does not need a plugin to be set, it is set in the advanced section of system 2 of the database, please check there.

Last edited:

RavenSHO

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ahhh that screen size.. if im reading from the correct tab.. 816x624 which is for both screen and UI Area... actually display for laptop is 1920x1080

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you disable all plugins, does the issue still happen?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RavenSHO then your minimum map size should be 17x13 tiles. The windows size doesn't matter because windows handles the zooming on fullscreen, it doesn't matter to the engine.

RavenSHO

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you disable all plugins, does the issue still happen?
I kept minimum size 17x13 and it seems to have fixed it.. ill try again in the AM when I hit the maps again. Thanks for all the help.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nearing completion of the first major city of Albert, a vacation getaway city built a long time ago by a king who really didn't want to be invaded.
It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4
Julyon.png

First concept art of one of our main characters love interests who might turn evil depending on her decisions. Or become king of the world. Or marry her. Maybe even everything at once.
Me: *saved the game*
Also me: *exit the game afterward*
The game: "Any unsaved progress will be lost"
Me: "uh,.. alright?"
[I feel a bit sad I did this]
"WhY?...WhY dId YoU KiLl ThEm AlL?...yOu BlOoDy HeLl MoNsTeR...I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!! FOR THE BLOOD OF THE LOST!!!" ~Scars final words before his final battle [not final boss]

Battle Theme: Blood of the Lost
Face Sprite
Forgotten Eclipse_Scar Dead+Final Battle with him.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoGGick855