Tiles Show in Preview, but not in Tileset

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by danielrobertcampbell, Dec 1, 2015.

1. danielrobertcampbell

danielrobertcampbell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times, but I can't find the topic to save my life. 

When I'm adding a new Tileset, I'll select "A2 (Ground)" and give it a value of a tileset that features a lot of ground tiles that I'd like to use(First Picture). But then when I preview or try to use that set, the tiles I actually want are nowhere to be found (Picture #2). Anyone want to help a poor noob out?  

PS: I used to mess around with RPG Maker quite a bit, but it seems I've forgotten nearly everything about it after not using it for a few years. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
  2. Sinweaver

Sinweaver Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It says ModernDay_A5

Put it under the A5 (Normal) box...

djDarkX likes this.
  3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    All tiles for the A tab must be put in the slot which corresponds with their name. Each slot is formatted differently, and so the tiles will only work if they are correctly allocated.

danielrobertcampbell likes this.
  4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There are six different formats for tilesheets, and each slot can only work correctly with the format it needs.

Those are the formats for the slots A1 to A5, and the sixth format is for B to E slots (only those are interchangable).

If you really look at the tilesheets, you'll see that there are different types of tiles on them and in special positions - for example the animated autotiles of A1 consist of three regular autotiles each, and an autotile is 64x96 pixels instead of 32x32.

A5 is the only tilesheet that contains only 32x32 pixel tile on the bottom/autotile layer for example...

danielrobertcampbell likes this.
  5. danielrobertcampbell

danielrobertcampbell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for your help everyone.I'm not in a place to test it out at the moment, but right now I'm doing a faceplam pretty hard because all of that sound familiar. Thanks again! /hug