TPetrichor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Coffee_Zombie, Tilecon by default preserve the original tile size, change the second combo box of Top Left Align to Resize if you want to stretch the ace tile in the mv tile.

I'm having a similar problem, but when I Resize, it makes everything look pixelated and awful. What do you mean by "Tilecon by default"?

Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Curious, is there a program to do the reverse? MV to VX (48x48 to 322x32).

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, and tha would also be technically almost impossible due to the worse limitations of VX.

Adding data to tilesheets is what is causing the blur - removing data to reduce the size will have worse effects of distortion.

HermesPasser

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
First and foremost, sorry by the late response. I totally forgot i posted the program in this forum since i turned off the email notifications.

If there is any bug or problem after this comment please refer to the discus comment section on the project page since may take a while to me to check for new comments here.

I found it on GitHub ( https://github.com/HermesPasser/Tilecon )
I also fixed a Bug for RPG Maker 2003 Autotile Conversion and submited my changes to the Code.

Merged. Thanks

Hello.
Is there any source code for this program?
If not, then a couple of tips to the author of this program what you need to fix.
1. Make the opening and saving folders different. Remember both the opening folder and saving at least for the duration of use until the program closes.
2. Note the name of the file to be opened and use it when saving.
I myself could try to do this if there was source code. In principle, nothing complicated should be.
3. (Not very important) When opening a tileset, check for letters in the file name. And for example, if there is A5 in the name, then automatically set the A5 format tileset
[...]

Yes there is : )
1-2. You mean to save the converted image with the same name of the opened image but in a diferent folder? I would prefer to save it in the same folder with with some sufix like '_mv-a1'. Not really a problem since tilecon asks where you want to save.

3. if anything detect the tileset by its size would be better (if you're talking about detecting which tileset type the input is on load). If you meant to set the MV output given the input's name, no since it tilecon detec itself which MV tile it should be converted to (since for example, a xp autotile should be converted to a A-1 or A-2 mv tileset).

I did what I suggested above. Those who are familiar with the code can read:
https://github.com/HermesPasser/Tilecon/pull/5
Perhaps in the future I will also add a Russian translation but not a fact.

I didn't merge since you closed before i notice the PR. That said, the PR message should be clear about what is changing on the load/save functions and miscelanious stuff like .designer.cs and .csproj and .resx shoudn't be in the PR unless they're needed.

I doubt you will but if you send another PR only for the Russian TL i would glad merge.

I'm not sure what the sprite size should be.

I rename it to tile size to make more obvious. Did you hit "custom" on the tileset list? If you're trying to to convert from a rpg maker tileset you have to set which rpg maker version your tileset is. This "custom" tileset is a niche feature made as per a friend's request.

Obviously, the author does not care about his application. Whether he wants it or not, I will use his application with my changes to the code.

I did this program because i wanted to solve a problem i had, and it did so i didn't even consider that there was something left to fix. Sorry if any bug prevented tilecon from solver your problem but i tweak this program on my free time.

I'm having a similar problem, but when I Resize, it makes everything look pixelated and awful. What do you mean by "Tilecon by default"?
I did mean the by default, the tilecon will not resize the tileset and only place them in a MV tileset. I was thinking in Portuguese when i wrote that, i apologise.

Older versions used to blur the image when resizing, but i changed it since i think that pixelated looked better. :)

I tried running setup and it says program is improperly formatted. Am I missing something?
I would like to know too. Are you talking about a message box appearing when you drag/select a image? If so is because the image size does not match the tileset so you may want to change the tileset type on the first combo box.

If is not that, then it can be the lack of the .NET Framework in the system. You can download it here.

Im getting object reference not set to an instance of an object, how do I fix it?

Which version you tried? 2.0 had a some nasty bugs. Try 1.9 or 2.4.

I was thinking about adding a option to convert to VX and and stretching from MV to VX would be quite trivial but my MV trial is expiring this week soi will leave it for another time.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms
Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pokerapk