Tileset Creator for MV?

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by midnight1443, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnight1443

midnight1443 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Are there any programs, like there was for Ace, that can easily map a tileset for me? I have been looking online, and have not found anything. It takes a lot longer to create them on my own, and the new tiles that I bought need to be incorporated into my tilesets, but I was hoping to not have to work with paint and lunapic, as my photo editor skills are lame. 

Thank you for your time and consideration.

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean by map a tileset? Do you have a link to the program for Ace you are talking about?

3. midnight1443

First Language:
    English
    And, thank you! I'm sorry, I didn't know which thread it was supposed to be under.

4. midnight1443

First Language:
    English
    I have a program to make custom Icons, from Yanfly, which I really like, but compacting my tilesets is very slow since there is not a program for it. I bought some for MV, but they are in a half-sheet. It is difficult to use, since I want to have more in my maps than a half-sheet of tiles.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
  5. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    tiled map editor (http://www.mapeditor.org/) can help you put tilesets together and set up maps like you do in RPG Maker and export them if you're using them for parallaxing.... as for something that *creates* tiles with various shapes and geoforms, there are many programs out there that can do it. There's plenty of paid versions, such as AutoTileGen (http://clickstore.clickteam.com/auto-tile-gen) (max tilesize is 48x48 I think...) I'm still digging around...

As for free versions, there's TileSet Maker (https://sourceforge.net/projects/aldrigo/) and TileSet Builder (http://catballgames.com/). Hope that helps!

6. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    There is not. There will be, eventually. I have, however, been neck-deep in the following (order of priority not necessarily indicated):

• Working on my own game
    • Working at my job
    • Attempting to secure a mortgage
    • Attempting to secure a shiny new mobile home
    • Attempting to arrange transportation of shiny new mobile home
    • Planning demolition/disposal of current mobile
    • Attempting to secure storage of stuff/self/cats during some of the above
    • Attempting to secure lease agreement with landlord to satisfy mortgage requirements

So, as you can see, I'm swamped. The upside being that several of these will resolve at the same time. Cool, right?

7. midnight1443

First Language:
    English
    Thank you, all! I just realized that I can change the size to 576x384 pixels in microsoft photo editor with the crop tool, and I just make the tiles that I wanted to use into events. It's WAY easier than I was trying to make it before. Now, I don't need to be limited by the tilesets. XD 

Thanks, again!

-Max

8. midnight1443

First Language:
    English
    How do I change this to answered?

9. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.