Tileset glitches?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by SpookyHollows, Feb 25, 2017.

1. SpookyHollows

SpookyHollows Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I bought MV a while back, working on making a new game in it and planning on remaking one of my old games in it so it can look and function better, but so far I'm having an issue..with the tilesets.

On a small house I threw together, I wanted to add a chimney. I put a little chimney on top of the house and can see it just fine in the editor. However, when I play test the game, the chimney is gone and there seems to be a glitched tile there?
    Also with some of the wall tiles, it looks a bit wonky and misplaced in some parts, which you can see with the rock wall I placed down.
    If I keep going over the rock wall then it eventually looks normal, but for the most part it stays glitched when I first place it.

The two files attached are of the glitch, the first being in the editor. Where I can see the chimney/rock walls are glitched.
    Second one is during a playtest. The chimney is gone. Rocks are the same (but I don't worry about them too much since if I go over them a second time it'll be fixed)

Is there a way to fix these glitches? I'd love for the tilesets to work so I could put a chimney on the house. XD
    These are the default tilesets, I haven't changed the sizes or edited them or anything. I also don't have any scripts or plugins.

Attached Files:

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I bet you've drawn with a tile that has a star passage setting, and then drew over it with the chimney. It looks right in the editor, because the editor shows things in the order you drew them. But when playing, you see things in the order of passage setting.

Draw over the area again with the roof tile (which will erase all the upper tiles - both those you can see, and those you can't), and then put your chimney back in.