Tileset Import gone wrong?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A custom tileset I try to import loses 90% of the tiles. I don't even get transparencies in the missing tile places, they just aren't there. Some other tilesets have lost transparencies altogether and display a solid white background. Not sure what to do at this point. or where to start. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Using VX Ace.

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Tech Support' is for when you cannot get the engine to run.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker VXAce. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Are you importing these tiles using the Resource Manager or copying them directly into the tilesets folder?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which of the six different formats does your tilesheet have, and into which slot do you install it?
Installing a tilesheet formatted for B-E into the A1 slot will remove most of its tiles for example because the A1 slot is intended for animated autotiles (192*96 Pixels for a single tile)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show us your custom tileset that you're trying to import, and a screenshot of the Tilesets tab, with the tileset selected, so we can see where you're putting everything?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I used the resource manager and when that didn't work I placed them directly into the folder. as for formats and slots, i had no idea of the restrictions of the slots as for the formats, I don't exactly even know what you are referring to. I'll get some screenshots up after work today.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The different formats and spots are described in the help file, or you could simply check the existing tilesheet pictures and compared them.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't upload screen shots of the tileset due to licensing. Currently reviewing over the help file in detail. I will update by the end of the weekend. My son gets a dog tomorrow, so it's a big day!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What tileset are you trying to upload? Most of the time, a screenshot of it in editor is safe and not considered distributing them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!
*FurAffinity is down*
*Sets house on fire*
This is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TookMyRole