Tileset pack match?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Elliott404, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Elliott404

Elliott404 NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, I have Celianna's MV ancient dungeon base pack, and I am starting to consider taking FSM Forest pack, and some PVGames tile packs but, only one of them match Celianna's pack, so I am at loss to choose between them since both are fine qualities

2. Soulrender

Soulrender Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Poland
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Use both of them, or at least import them into RMMV and use one for another location. It's what I do, if I cannot decide what to use, I use all - one earlier when matches my conception, another later. You can try to combine them all to create something unique (as long as authors of those RTP's allow that)

Elliott404 likes this.
  3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Please note that it is misleading to refer to the contents of Resource Packs as RTPs, as that only refers to the default assets which come with the engine. By definition neither of those packs can be RTP.

Elliott404 likes this.
  4. Elliott404

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The thing is, if I used both of them, the differences will look obvious, unless I choose one of them, the style would be either RPGish map or high qualitied map. Which means in order to avoid inconsistencies(?) in both pack, I'd use only fraction of them. Won't that then be kind of waste of money if I buy them just to use 2 or 3 tiles of them?

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Which one has more tiles that you would use? Which one would you need to add less to, to make all the maps you want/need? Choose that one. By the time you're ready to start your next game, the other artist might have released more resources that match that pack.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko and Elliott404 like this.
  6. Elliott404

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now I know what to choose, which is lowkey a shame because I liked one tileA1 but, oh well.
    That actually convinced me that I still have time to consider. Who knows, maybe the next pack will be even better?
    Thank you very much, ma'am.

7. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Go with whatever fits the aesthetic you wish to present in your game, but I don't recommend mixing the different styles. I have yet to really see any examples of mixed styles that looked particularly great. Cel's stuff is amazing, so whatever you do end up choosing I am sure will look fantastic, but should definitely stick to one :)

Elliott404 likes this.