Tileset passage setting causes the top my actor's head cut (Please check my picture)

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have the plant tileset made by Chiaras, and this plant occupies two cells, so I set the passage like what's shown in the picture. It results in exactly what I want. My actor can go through the back and can stand in front of it. Very nice.

plant cut head.png

The only problem is that when my actor stands in front of the plant, the top of his/her head is cut off, or I should say it's hidden. I think it's a hardcoded mechanism.

I know this is not a must in the game. Just like to know if something can be done.

Thank you guys.

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is because actors are slightly offset a few pixels above the tile they are standing, and, I assume the upper tile of your plant is set on the star layer (the one that's above events/objects), this just means you'll get that tile covering anything that goes under it.

The fix I usually do for these specific situations is taking the full sprite of the tile (the plant on this case), convert it to a char spritesheet and then placing an event with that sprite and set its passability to same as player, that way you get the right positioning.

Hope this helps you :kaopride:

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is because actors are slightly offset a few pixels above the tile they are standing, and, I assume the upper tile of your plant is set on the star layer (the one that's above events/objects), this just means you'll get that tile covering anything that goes under it.

The fix I usually do for these specific situations is taking the full sprite of the tile (the plant on this case), convert it to a char spritesheet and then placing an event with that sprite and set its passability to same as player, that way you get the right positioning.

Hope this helps you :kaopride:

I see. Guess I'll just use a single tile plant instead, cuz it's just a common decoration for the map. Thank you so much. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

finally redesigned one of the major antagonist of my game, Pro... aka Prometheus.
Well, I've decided I'll take a break on making Forgotten Eclipse...and Make a mod for FNF
Trailer for my new game.
last one for a while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macaoclub