Not open for further replies.

Faerypixel25

Where's Charles Lee!?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am using the RPG Maker XP and I just added a tileset to my materials and I put  those circles on the parts that I would like my character to walk through and made sure that there was an X on the parts I did not want them to walk through and a square for the autotiles. When I playtested that map, my character could not walk on anything. She is stuck in the starting position. And. I can. not. move. her. If anyone can help me I would be very grateful, and I will try to take a screenshot of my problem!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
go to your tileset, make sure that the upper left tile on Tile B is set to a blank and has a star passability...

Faerypixel25

Where's Charles Lee!?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Refresh me here, star passability? Do you mean priority?

Faerypixel25

Where's Charles Lee!?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry, I am definetly not used to all of XPs formatting, I was originally using VX Ace, but I thought it was way too easy, so I prefer XP.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh sorry, wrong maker... though I haven't had that problem back then when I was using XP... maybe you have an autorun event that wasn't getting turned off?

Last edited by a moderator:

Faerypixel25

Where's Charles Lee!?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thats okay. Do you know how to use the XP? Or only the maker that does this "Star passability?"

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I used to use XP in the past, but right now I'm on VX Ace... All I remember is that I never encountered that problem before when I was in XP... let's wait for someone currently using XP...

Faerypixel25

Where's Charles Lee!?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Watcha working on with the Ace?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Faerypixel25, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you use the arrow keys, will your character turn in different directions? If they will, the issue is your passability. If they won't, it's because there's an event set to autorun that isn't being turned off.

Passabilities:

Make sure the tiles you want to walk on ARE set to passable.

Make sure you don't have any "blank" tiles that you've painted onto the second or third layer with an X for passability. You should have one 'erase' tile only, and it should be set to O passability. If you use a different tile to erase on the top two layers, whatever their passability is set to is what will be used, even if there is no image on the tile.

Autorun events:

Check what events you have set to autorun, whose conditions are met. This could include autorun common events.

Make sure you don't have any events set to autorun for the purpose of animating them. If you have something like a flame that you want animated and the sprites are all in the same row, just check the Stop Animation box; if the animation uses sprites in the same column, use a Custom Move Route under Autonomous Movement. You don't need either autorun OR parallel process to animate either of these.

Make sure you don't have any events set to autorun if they don't have any event commands.

Faerypixel25

Where's Charles Lee!?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
They do move in the four directions. What do you mean by "blank," tiles?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And you're CERTAIN the layer 1 tiles are passable?

Then you've used a tile with X passability to erase something you didn't want (or to paint a large area) on layers 2 or 3. So go back to your tileset and find a blank tile with O passability, and go to layers 2 and 3, hit the F4 button to dim the other layers, and use your new blank tile to paint over any blank tiles.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
then it's passability problem... going with Shaz' post: retake a look at your tileset and find any blank tiles that are set to X and change them to O

Faerypixel25

Where's Charles Lee!?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Problem=SOLVED! You guys are amazing. I love you so much right now! You guys (adiktuzmiko and Shaz) have helped me a lot today! How can I repay you? (Dead serious right now.) :D   :D   :D

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:)

Now make sure you haven't actually drawn over IMPASSIBLE areas with those tiles you just changed to O. The effect would be that you can now go on tiles that you shouldn't be allowed to go on.

Best thing is to use ONLY the top left tile (that's the one on the same row as the 7 autotiles) to 'erase' unwanted mapping. XP seems to know that one, and ignores the passability on that layer, looking at the layers below instead. With all the other tiles, even though they're blank, it doesn't mean "no tile". Whatever your passability is on that blank tile, will be the passability used when you map with it. So don't use other tiles to erase just because they're blank.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoanjoboryMaster