Poseidon768

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi all, 

When I create a new Tileset in RM VX Ace, is there a quick way to assign the Passages? say, to be identical to how it is set in another Tileset because you've used the same file.  

It seems silly that when I want to create a few different Interior Tilesets and am re-using a file across them that I'd have to go through and assign O, X, * all over again.

Thanks for your help!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Search for my Lazy Tilesets import/export script.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can copy and paste tilesets in the database. Say you know you wish to use all but one tileset of a tileset you called My Awesome Set. Copy that tileset, then paste it a new slot, and change the one tileset you need to change.

I use this trick when doing my interiors, as most of them have the same D and E set now, its B and C that I change.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You could copy paste tilesets in the database, that will copy the passability too. Do this before you change some of the tiles.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.
More words of wisdom: Trying to make everyone happy will just make you miserable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dangkysv388org