terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sharm recommended I put this topic here ^-^

Anyway, I want to know what resource pack best fits my artstyle. I know it can be weird to have battlers and portraits being too different from the map tiles. I'm on mobile and can't really paste images here, but I have links in my signature to show my battlers.

Out of all the encompassing resource packs, what would you recommended for me to use? Pop! Was suggested, but my game is traditional JRPG and takes places in medieval fantasy times, and the only pop! Resource us for modern horror. 

I also thought about taking the time fantasy packs and making the brown and gray edges black to match the black line art of my characters , but I'm not sure.

Any other suggestions :)

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The DS related stuff perhaps?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The double pixel sized tiles would be your best fit, since you'd get the pixel look and still have it work in MV.  Your options are then Time Fantasy, Old School Modern, POP!, Crazy Leen's Retro, and Tiny 16.  If you look outside of stuff made for Ace/MV then you could also include 2k/2k3 RTP, ORTP-Reanimated, and a number of small but interesting sets that can be found on Open Game Art.  Since you don't want modern I guess POP! and OSM are out.  That's still a lot of choices.

The cutesy style of the DS sprites would work pretty well, but I don't know if I like the tiles for this project.  Plus, making them work in MV would be a huge pain unless you were willing to use the TileD plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png
I always smile to myself when I see someone do the "immediate halt and spin around" from forgetting something. I find it sort of endearing how we all do it without ever being taught to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ratbyte