Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, I was browsing topics around the net about the italian region, and also has a bit of interest with the islands in the Mediterranean.

So let's say I suddenly decided to make a game where the maps will be based on Italy or Mediterranean islands, do you have any suggestions of existing resource packs that I can use for it?

I'm simply curious right now. :)

EDIT:

Some pics for reference

Last edited by a moderator:

Tokumei No

Kojima Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
As Italian, I would love to play a game set in my country :D
I don't know any italian-based tileset, but you could try to create a parallax map drawing inspiration from some images or landscapes of Italy. The Italian flora is very characteristic, and you could insert some of the most famous monuments of the country.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sadly, art is not my strength so I probably won't have any success at that. I was just curious if there's any pack out there that can be used to make italian inspired maps. :)

Tokumei No

Kojima Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Looks like we may have given Sharm inspiration for Pixel Myth: Italiano :p
That would be simply great! Ai I said in the first reply, Mediterranean environment, plants, animals and architectures are very characteristic, and would surely become a wonderful tileset and location for a good game!

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Really, this is an example of a post that needs pictures.

When I was getting resources for my Arabian -themed game, I found a bunch of info on the culture and the architecture and it helped me.

But if you want other people to help you find things, it really does make a difference if you post pictures of what you want. No fair to expect folks to know that you want painted archways or bridges for waterways or wine country accessories. You have to tell them. =]

FWIW I posted my Vineyard tiles here:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/27269-grannys-little-bits/#entry320242

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't really have something specific in mind. more of I was just looking for any possible existing tiles that are italian.

All I really want to know for now is if such tiles exist. :)

PS: And the internet at the office is kind of slow right now, so searching for pics to link right now is kind of hard. I'll try to post some things tomorrow.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
"Things that are italian" is a little bit hard to pinpoint. I think, you really have to look at some pictures from Italy or Greece, Spain etc. to get some inspiration. Then you have a better idea what to look for.

For floors and walls, there are already some of the standard or mack resources that you can use, basically terracotta or a warm white, orange or red will go very well with a mediterran map.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks like we may have given Sharm inspiration for Pixel Myth: Italiano :p
I don't need the help!  Seriously, the list of planned packs is so very huge. . . .  If I could get going on this Corsair pack you might get some stuff that works though, I was planning on using Spain as a major reference and had been considering adding a few Venice inspired tiles.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Lune de la Cruor has a gondola and Panda Maru has a beautiful grape arbor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.
Weekend is finally here... what would you like to see (?):
1) Pokemon into zelda minish-cap style
or
2) Pokemon into zelda gbc style
or
3) Zelda into pokemon style

#= Choose ===============#
||__[ Full mockup ]_[ Charset ]__||
#=======================#
I know someday I'll start working on this...

I'm so happy that I got Steam achievements to work in my game, thanks in large part to the posts by other RPG Maker devs on this issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YatoPL