Tilesets Malfunction

EmptyHrGlass

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello RPG Forums, my issue is that I am having an issue with a self-made tileset.

I want to have a bloody battlefield area of the map, but the blood splatters that I created in Photoshop, while they look great finished, when I use them in MV, the transparency on the edges don't lay on top of the map, but erase what's there and show only the splatter.

I've included the PNG if that helps. 

blood_splatter.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That png is not formatted correctly for any kind of MV tileset.

1. Change the size of the image to be the correct size for a tile sheet.  

2. It needs to be in one of the B-E slots.  Images with transparency normally shouldn't be used in any of the A slots.

A = ground layer, a single layer, and when you place an A tile over an existing A tile, it will replace it.

B-E = upper layers, two layers, and when you place a B-E tile over another B-E tile, they will layer (to 2 deep); when you place a B-E tile over an A tile, they will layer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_Monster6 added!

Wonder when the next theme contest is coming?
Long time no see. I'm aiming a vertical slice / tech demo for my game featuring a series of boss battles this month. I hope I could get some testers.
So which forum do I use if I want to showcase graphics? I've been using AML forum, but I'm not sure it's correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tippiexd