Kirino-7

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello. I guess it's a question about basic things, but I didn't find any information about it, maybe because it's obvious.
I found a png tileset picture, but in rpg maker it's not full. Only some parts of it. I can scroll up/down, but I can't scroll left/right. This image contains many empty space. Is it just picture's problem? Should I edit it by myself in some certain way? Or maybe there is some way to use the whole picture, not just some parts of it? Maybe all tileset pictures should be vertical, I don't know.

Attachments

• tileset1.jpg
    tileset1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 5

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello welcome!
You probably got a tileset that is not made for RMVXA, you need to use the Template.
See if this helps:

Kirino-7

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And another question about tilesets: it's 4 standart sets (field, exterior, interior, dungeon). All settings about passage and another things already done. I can create my own new set. I want to use some standart tilesets and custom. But if I choose some standart tileset (in my own), all tiles are passable. It's ok if I'm adding something new, but I already have standart tilesets with setting. Is there a way to use existing settings from standart tilesets in my own set? Some kind of copy+paste, I don't know. Or I must configure them manually every time? I hope I made myself clear.

Attachments

• tileset2.jpg
    tileset2.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 3

Thefirelion

TheFireLion Game Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can right click on the slot occupied and already configured and select copy, then on the empty slot "paste", with this you will have an exact original copy, but if you add a section manually, you have to configure it manually.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to use existing settings from standart tilesets in my own set?
not really.
by default you'll have to make the settings again for each tileset.

At one time long ago there had been a try to establish a format where a script could copy the settings as well (I don't know if that was for Ace or for MV however), but that try never got off base because no one was willing to put in the extra work to share the settings between everyone. So that script and try can be considered dead, and everyone has to make their own settings.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The script works. You can use it to copy settings from one tileset to another if you want an exact copy of the settings (which you might then modify some of them later), but in that case @Thefirelion's suggestion will be easier. If it's a tileset that isn't like the default, and you can find someone who already that tileset in their project with all the settings, you can ask them to use the script to export the settings, send that file to you, and you can import the settings (the graphics are not shared - just the file containing the flags)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

New version of my wife's art for Tundra's opening map. No new version of Katrina yet, but I think this looks awesome.1624062754755.png
Devil May Cry-Style Action Shooter in RPG Maker 2000! | RPG Maker News #75

So many good stat names, how do people chose!? :p
I am often just about to give in and ask for help in the forums, when I eventually figure things out myself. Spent almost the whole day with a minor issue, but in the and it's so satisfying that I didn't need to open a thread :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W7i11