Tilesets that match or are similar to the first seed materials

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi all, sorry for posting so much, i'm just wondering if anyone knows some tilesets (Paid or free) that will go well with the first seed materials dlc? my rpg is made up of them right now, and the RTP is just too bright to go with it.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
MV Resources is for those sharing resources.

I've moved this thread to Resources Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Between the Town of Beginnings and Woods and Cave Tiles, FSM covers quite a bit. They also seem to be releasing a new set in the near future, as hinted here?

Is there a particular tile you need? If you own these two existing sets, we can probably edit what you require. If it is not too crazy, that is. :D

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Between the Town of Beginnings and Woods and Cave Tiles, FSM covers quite a bit. They also seem to be releasing a new set in the near future, as hinted here?

Is there a particular tile you need? If you own these two existing sets, we can probably edit what you require. If it is not too crazy, that is. :D
I love the amount of options i have in both of those sets. I can do a lot, but the two things they dont have are snow tilesets and desert tilesets, both of which i'd love to use (The snow more than the desert) which is why i'm looking for some tilesets based around those, the default RTP is very limited in that regard.

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm, if you are needing complete sets and the brightness of the RTP is the only issue you have with it, perhaps we could just reduce the saturation a bit? Which RTP sheet has what you need, but seems too bright? I might be able to just compare it to the FSM color palette and adjust it accordingly. It is not a perfect solution by any means, but may help you integrate them a bit better? Can't think of any other style that would work well with the FSM.

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmmm, if you are needing complete sets and the brightness of the RTP is the only issue you have with it, perhaps we could just reduce the saturation a bit? Which RTP sheet has what you need, but seems too bright? I might be able to just compare it to the FSM color palette and adjust it accordingly. It is not a perfect solution by any means, but may help you integrate them a bit better? Can't think of any other style that would work well with the FSM.
I'd just love the base RTP sets to have a less saturated version. I mean, I dont mind the RPT at all but its far too bright to go well with the FSM tiles. I don't expect anyone to do anything for me, I just dont have any knowledge how to do this all myself.

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can begin with downloading GIMP. It is a wonderful program for getting started on these kinds of things, and extremely powerful considering that it is absolutely free. You can even find artists on Deviantart, etc, who have taken the time to make additional add-ons such as brushes, etc, and allow their use when credit is properly given.

Once downloaded, you can open the program, and then open the tileset you would like to edit. Under "Colors", there is an option called, "Hue Saturation", where you can make adjustments to Hue (the color, essentially), Lightness/Darkness, and most importantly to this endeavor, the Saturation, which basically controls the level of color within your subject piece. By lowering this Saturation bar to your liking, you might be able to get close to what you are looking for.

There are many other color options in GIMP worth exploring, and I would highly recommend it for anyone who wishes to make custom changes to their game project. It is an easy program to get comfortable with, and there are TONS of youtube tutorials if you get stuck.

Let me know if you have any other issues, and I hope this helps!

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can begin with downloading GIMP. It is a wonderful program for getting started on these kinds of things, and extremely powerful considering that it is absolutely free. You can even find artists on Deviantart, etc, who have taken the time to make additional add-ons such as brushes, etc, and allow their use when credit is properly given.

Once downloaded, you can open the program, and then open the tileset you would like to edit. Under "Colors", there is an option called, "Hue Saturation", where you can make adjustments to Hue (the color, essentially), Lightness/Darkness, and most importantly to this endeavor, the Saturation, which basically controls the level of color within your subject piece. By lowering this Saturation bar to your liking, you might be able to get close to what you are looking for.

There are many other color options in GIMP worth exploring, and I would highly recommend it for anyone who wishes to make custom changes to their game project. It is an easy program to get comfortable with, and there are TONS of youtube tutorials if you get stuck.

Let me know if you have any other issues, and I hope this helps!
Ill give it a try. Thanks =)

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Phade102 did you see the set I posted which was a resize of the Ace sized Mack tiles?
No I didnt Grandmadeb! Where would I be able to find that?

EDIT: I found the post you had made on them, however it appears the link that used to link to the full set no longer works.

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It looks like the links to the full tileset was removed, and I'd love more than just the buildings. thank you very much anyway GrandmaDeb =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgteck