Xyonel

Indie Developer, All-in-one artist.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I need to know which graphic tile# from a tilesheet B is used in determined location example $gameVariables.value(6) for X and $gameVariables.value(7) for Y.

I'm not able to find a call or a function to "read" which graphic is used in that location, someone can help?

I cannot use variables to check that, cause my mini-game would be too large,

I'm using shaz plugin for ChangeTile function and works well.

someone know that call?

another example:
IF tileid at position xy is 0(void) then do:

else nothing

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem with that is that there could be up to 4 tile IDs on a single map tile. Which one do you want - the lowest (ground) layer? The highest layer, which could be the ground, groundcover, or either of the upper layers?

How will the X and Y coordinates be determined - will it be using variables, or the player's location, or a particular event's location?

Does it need to account for the possibility that the tile has changed using that plugin?

Xyonel

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey shaz, thanks for the plugin, I'm trying to create a Cave generator system in which the player can dig up his way to the resources, i'm using sheet B for the graphic change, player coordinate for the x and y, on pressing a button(shift for now) the player can open a hole(changing rock tile in grass tile for example) then other 3 tile will be revealed as the hole is dug, I cannot use variables or event cause the cave could become bigger than 100tiles for example, then I'm trying to check which graphic are some tiles in order (when shift is pressed) to prevent to re-create new cave walls and re-write what has been discovered.
I try to put 3 images as example:Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg Untitled3.jpg

As you can see in the third image, when I dig up the adjacent rock it return the standard template of digging, this result in an overwriting of precedent dig, I managed an idea how to solve that and I need to check:
IF tileid xy is not black(zero value);
THEN do not dig those tiles.

what do you think? have you alternatives about how to solve that? Here's an example of my common event for one of four direction, so you can understand well what I'm doing ^_^Capture.JPG

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I see what you're talking about. I'll look up the command when I get home. I'll also see if I can help you simplify your common event a little.

Are there other situations where you DON'T want the player to be able to dig? Would have to cater for them facing the edge of a map. Will you have anything like impenetrable walls, underground streams, etc?

edit ... okay, so I see Get Location Info DOES give you a Tile ID option (I didn't realise that). In that case it's just a matter of getting the layers correct. The plugin allows you to change one of 6 layers, including the shadow layer and the region layer, and it calls the bottom layer 0. The event command only lets you use one of 4 layers that can actually have tiles, and it calls the bottom layer 1. If you are setting layer 2 in the plugin command, use Layer 3 in the Get Location Info command.

Last edited:

Xyonel

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
other situations in which player can't dig... mhm I'll see through the construction of the mini-game, for now I only just need how to recover that info and use for my scope, the get location I thought was ok but I was unable to use, I'll try layer 3 instead of 2.

Xyonel

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
here we are, I've solved it, and of course was a misreading of layer number, with layer 3 now works well, thus i conditioned the first location to be equal to 7(grass) so now I have fog of war for distant tiles and an open space in front of the player, amazing.
how about compacting this macro?
i'm relatively new to experienced eventing, I know almost all of the eventing itself but I do not have enough experience to make compacted macros, what do you suggest?
And of course thanks for the support.Capture.JPG

Xyonel

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've changed the script for some addons but I've encountered some problem.
even if I set a variable with get tile id, this does not work properly, all the "get tile id" seems to give crazy numbers even if I've set accordingly, primarily is the tileid1 that does not work, there are some bugs? here are some screenshot:
Untitled.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Never let a sense of morals/
Prevent me from doing what is right"
- Clutch
OMFG. I had typed \fiPhilosophia Hermetica\fi in a forum post and didn't notice it for AN HOUR.

(Anyone else ever catch themselves doing this?)
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Feel free to drop by and listen to whatever weird stories we're telling~
fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...
This community is awesome. They helped me get my eventing processes to work. I love you all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zappz