Time Fantasy for MV: Future Fantasy tile size help?

Discussion in 'Time Fantasy/OSM' started by Raggly-Sinfeed, May 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Raggly-Sinfeed

Raggly-Sinfeed Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I feel like this information must exist somewhere but for the life of me my Google skills haven't been able to find it.

I am very new to RPGMaker MV, just bought it yesterday and have been watching YouTube tutorials.

Because I'm interested in making a futuristic thing, I also bought the Future Fantasy pack from the Time Fantasy series.

The character sets look good and seem to work automatically but all the background tiles seem to be at the wrong resolution.

I think I have used the tiles from the correct folder (the one titled RMMV) but they all look like they're hi-res, and they don't match the low-res look of the characters.

In other words, the characters have that nice, big, blocky SNES-like look, but the background tiles look like they're the normal RPGMaker MV resolution.

How do I get the tiles to be the correct size?

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Time Fantasy Product Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Yougotsomechocolate

Yougotsomechocolate Random Chest Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know this is an obvious question, but did you get the MV pack?
    Also, make a picture showing how it looks and i can tell you if anything is wrong.

4. Raggly-Sinfeed

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sure I got the MV pack because there are folders marked RMVX, RMMV, and 100--RMMV being the relevant one I assume.

So since your kind reply I've figured out how to import the right tiles by creating my own tile sets in the Database.

But this brings up a different question:

How am I supposed to compose the tilesets when they have multiple A5s? And multiple Bs? And no A3s at all?

Reference: the tileset list in the Database chooser:

Future Tileset List.png

Reference: my best guess at composing the tileset in the Database UI, but as you can see even with putting the A4 in the A3 slot (because there is no A3), I can't fit all the A5s in and there's barely room for any of the Bs:

Database Tileset UI.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ps also: I notice in the original Time Fantasy pack there's a 9-page .pdf with tips on how to use the pack. Is there any way to get that .pdf without getting the original pack, which I have no need for?]

5. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The stuff is labeled for the slot it needs to be in. The different slots do different things, so if you put them in the wrong one, things won't work correctly.

6. Raggly-Sinfeed

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Sharm, are you saying that because there are no A3 tile sets, I should always just leave A3 blank, and that each A5 set and each B set needs to have its own tileset to itself?

7. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yep, leaving A3 blank if you don't have A3 is exactly right, and if you have multiple A5 and B sheets, you're expected to place them in a new set. Generally there's further information in the file name to point out which sheets go together into a set. Things like "inside" or "dungeon".

Oddly enough B can be put into the other slots, just not any of the A slots. If you'd like to know more about which stuff goes where and why, there's a lot more info about it in the resource standards part of the help file.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  8. Yougotsomechocolate

Yougotsomechocolate Random Chest Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Usually the pack maker doesn't use A3. (For future reference)

9. Raggly-Sinfeed

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ...and does anyone know if there’s a way to get that 9-page “tips and tricks” .pdf outside of the original Time Fantasy pack?

10. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Huh? Why? Don't you own the pack?

11. Raggly-Sinfeed

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I only own the Future Fantasy pack, I don’t need the others.

12. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ooooooh. Sorry, I misread that. You might be able to contact Des about it directly and get it from him. The tips are fairly basic though, I think that a person familiar with using RPG Maker won't learn anything new. If you'd like an alternative, there are some really great tutorials on mapping and events in the tutorials section.

13. Raggly-Sinfeed

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you so much for you helpfulness.

So for instance, there's a tile in the A5_spacestation set, near the end, with a diagonal wall that has black on the bottom and what looks like transparency on the top.

I would assume that means that the tile is supposed to show whatever's underneath it in that transparent space--because of course no one wants to leave a transparent space on a map.

But when I put that tile down, it replaces whatever's under it, instead of overlaying it, making it basically an unusable tile. So I feel like I must be missing something, and I'm wondering if it's the kind of thing that's in that 9-page pdf.

(and yes, btw, I do have the A5 tile in the proper A5 slot :) )

Reference A: the tile in question is selected in the lower left of this image, and its intended position is the place on the right where the wall border is interrupted and you can only see floor tile.

before placing diagonal tile.png

Reference B: after placing the diagonal piece, as you can see, the floor tile is entirely replaced, leaving an unusable transparent area where the floor should be.

after placing diagonal tile.png

Any pointers here? Is this the kind of thing covered in the tutorials section?

14. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nope, there's no tutorial for how to map with it because Despain made a mistake when he put those there. Thankfully it is a relatively easy fix. Either the transparent tiles need to be moved to one of the B-E sheets or a floor tile needs to be added where the transparency is. Either fix can be done very quickly in any art program that supports transparency (so don't use MSPaint). I'd do it for you myself except I don't currently own this set.

Des likes this.
  15. Raggly-Sinfeed

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the pointers—I think I found an even simpler fix by also putting that tile set in slot E. :)

16. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That works. Glad you got it sorted out.

17. Des

Des timefantasy.net Veteran

First Language:
    American
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Those tiles can also be found on the "future_tileB_inside1" so there should be no need to edit anything.

Its not a mistake that this tile is also duplicated on the A5 sheet-- it's just an extra inclusion because there was some extra space. I figured that people might have a use for it-- if they use panorama backgrounds for example.

Thanks.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
  18. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This is what I get for making assumptions about a tileset I don't own. Oh well. I thought it was odd for you to have missed something, you're usually really on top of making sure everyone has everything they might need to use your stuff.