Time Fantasy Resource Pack

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by GoodSelf, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodSelf

GoodSelf Zhu Li! Do the thing! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello all!
    I'm very interested in picking up the Time Fantasy Resource pack found here, but I wanted to ask on the forums to see if anyone else has used this pack.
    If you have, I have a couple of questions for you!

1. How easy would you say it is to use this pack?
    2. Is it diverse enough for you; did it have a good variety of tiles?
    3. Lastly, could you point me in the direction of a game or demo that uses these tiles so I can experience them first hand?
    4. Is this resource pack compatible with the sideview battle system in MV? Would the standard walking sprites work instead?
    Thanks for your time  :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
  2. StrawberrySmiles

StrawberrySmiles The Talking Fruit Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    From my experience...

There are no outside wall autotiles. You have to use the B-E tiles for that. There are no snow tiles, and only some desert tiles. I was able to make an entire forest, though making a town was slightly difficult as there were nothing like streetlamps or fountains to help.

GoodSelf likes this.
  3. chalkdust

chalkdust Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    English
    (1) It's pretty well formatted into tile sheets that make sense. The cliffs (mentioned above) are mostly on A5 with a little on B-E because they have rounded corners and transparency (this is a good thing if used as intended). If you're using MV, some tiles (like overlapping trees) can be discarded to make room for freebies available through the artist's website. Others can be rearranged or compressed in different ways to make more room if you want to add your own. There is a pdf guide included in the VX Ace version, but the pdf is missing from the MV download. (You get access to both versions, just make sure you download both so you can get the guide out of the VX Ace copy.)
    (2) It's got good outdoor, forest, desert, dungeon, town, and indoor variety. Fantasy setting, no modern. Winter tiles are available through the artist's website and should be on RMWeb soon. There are a few freebies on the website for different tree variations. Definitely pick them up! There is no waterfall yet. This is a fairly serious shortcoming that forced me to abandon the set early in my project. :( I suspect that this might be impossible to remedy until/unless he remakes his cliffs into autotiles.
    (3) Can't help you there. Maybe poke around the artists' webpages. I think I saw one on his twitter feed at some point but I dunno.

http://timefantasy.net/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
    GoodSelf likes this.
  4. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    GoodSelf likes this.
  5. GoodSelf

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for your input everyone - I do have one last question:

Is this resource pack compatible with the sideview battle system in MV? Would the standard walking sprites work instead of SV Battlers?

6. chalkdust

First Language:
    English
    Walking characters don't work by default, but you can use Victor's Battler Graphic Setup to use them as battlers.

The VXA version of the Time Fantasy Monsters pack contains static sideview battlers of the monsters that are similar to the side walking character.

The artists' website indicates that he's working on SV battlers but I have no idea how the progress is going or if it's a high priority for him to complete.

GoodSelf likes this.
  7. GoodSelf

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is perfect, thank you for your help!

8. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I don't have the update yet ('cause I'm on Steam), but Time Fantasy has been updated to be compatible with MV:

Not sure if that means they also added SV battlers though.

GoodSelf likes this.
  9. GoodSelf

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have yet another question about this tileset (last one I think  :D ).
    Does this tileset provide some good assets for a futuristic setting?
    I saw some robot-looking sprites in the previews, but was wondering if there are future-esque tiles in the pack as well (this includes walls, floors, and any decoration items).

I've seen the screenshot on the Time Fantasy website of a space station, but cant seem to find where to purchase those tiles.

Thanks again!  :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2016
  10. chalkdust

First Language:
    English
    This might change in the future, but as of now I would advise against using Time Fantasy for a modern or futuristic setting. Use it strictly for medieval fantasy settings (as of Sept 2016). But even if it doesn't fit your current needs, I would still recommend buying the set for other projects you might do in the future. It's really good work, easier to edit than the RTP, and the artist is easy to reach for special requests.

GoodSelf likes this.
  11. GoodSelf

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am soon to be a proud owner of the Time Fantasy pack! Thanks to everyone who helped me make my decision. ?

12. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.