DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks fantastic!

Which part of game development is the most exciting for you and why?

The most exciting part for me is testing my gameplay after setting up a system or programing an event. There's nothing quite like seeing your own story come to life.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Interesting stuff as usual, think I like the time fantasy tiles best although I've yet to listen to the music samples.

Entry: To me the most interesting part of game development is problem solving. When you get that idea into your head about something you want to implement that you haven't quite experimented with before and then you try to make it happen. Seeing this idea you had become a working aspect of the game is a really rewarding experience as a developer.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, another awesome pixel style! I must have this one too! I want to draw stuff for all of these they all are such fun styles. It looks like this one's palette will be much easier to work with too.

My favorite part is playtesting. I love seeing the thing I made actually function and move just the way I planned.

Artificer

Creator of worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is hard to decide but...

The history

Because in my mind i can have all abilities to create all what i want, how it will looks, sound, and feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
mandarin
Primarily Uses
The most exciting part of game development for me is the resource gathering stage. Thinking about which tiles set to use, which music suit the scene most, gave me motivation to continue developing games.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I want those school tiles, hahha.

The most exciting part of game development is teamwork. Spinning ideas between friends and applying all of our combined input together into something that's drawn us closer... Creating something from nothing with the people I like most or with new allies I meet via the game development... I like the collaborative creative atmosphere. It's always inspiring to see people share interest and looking towards a similar goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, so many amazing things! *runs off to find wallet*

And so many great answers to the question - I love the variety!

For me personally, my favorite part is just when it all starts to come together and you realize, okay, yeah, I can really do this. I feel like I spend so much time brainstorming and planning and then actually building the game that some days it seems like you will never get there. But then, when it starts forming into something more tangible - such a great feeling!

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV

The most exciting part of making a game in general is to create the story and the character centered around the story, This is the most important and fun part of making a game.

Soach

d(=^ω^=)b
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the new products :)

My Entry:

Database editing, animations most. Because I think it's very interesting when we mix few animations and change their colors, the result looks so creative. Most fun part of it is that we can make countless animations by mixing and re-coloring, so that's what I mostly enjoy in game development :)

Thank you ^^

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I LOVE the new Time Fantasy pack! I bet im getting it just as soon as i get my gym membership squared away!!!  \O/ ....CANT WAIT!!!!!

I like making resources, i try to dabble in every kind (save music...i have no musical muse sadly) but more specifically... O_O I-LOVE-MAKING-SPRITES!!!!!!! Im not the best at it yet, but when i finish laying a unique sprites last pixel and play test it and see it moving around on the map and the frames of animation flow smoothly!!!!! It just makes me feel so satisfied!! ^_^ !!! 

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not much of a sci-fi person, but it looks so awesome!

I would say mapping and concepting gameplay.

For mapping, I enjoy piecing together the areas in my head and seeing the characters I created walk about in it or interact with it. Such a feelings brings me much joy. :3

I enjoy making up gameplay because for once, it's fun to just let loose with my ideas. I find that I'll try it out and if I can't make it work, I'll either think of an alternative or try a different idea. 'Tis fun. :3

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow! I wished for a cyberpunk music pack and sure enough, there it is!

For giveaway: My favorite part of game development is coming up with ideas. Even if you don't end using them, they're fun to think about!

Juunanagou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
OMG those tiles are...are...omg I love them. Mostly fantasy ones. But the school bundle is sure interesting.

Mapping. Well, I think that's obvious for the omg I love those tiles part. I love gorgeous maps. And I love tiles and the way you can transform them in beautiful scenary <3

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The most exciting part of game development in my opinion, is when you direct a scene you wanna be great.

You have to make things perfect, just in time, so the scene will deliver the desired result, either if it is a horror scene, a funny scene or an epic one.

Setting things up, doing the storytelling and making things happen on screen, then beta testing it and being as you wish to be, is a very exciting part.

Challenges are there, but they add to the excitement.

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses

Most people will tell you : mapping, playtesting, asset preparation (sprite and face set drawing etc), and so on.

But I will be honest and tell you that the most exciting part of the game development for me is: planning.

And the most excruciating part of the game development -for me- is when something goes out of plan in a bad way (whether it is mapping, scripting, etc).

TheOddFellow

Overactive Artisan Story Crafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

The part I love most is scripting the development between characters. It's so fun to see how what you created evolve as they converse with eachother, how they handle situations, what their reactions are, etc. Because as any story-teller knows, once the characters are created they have a tendency to move on their own.

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh Despain you beautiful bastard you bless you for these resource packs wherever you are.

romoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
everytime packs like these gets released i am a bit sad xd.. But then again i can try with the giveaways!! all packs are fantastic!

for the giveaway: I think the best part is messing around with the maps... I really like when i finish it and the result is fascinating.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lovely great new packs, as always :)

Mapping! I love thinking up the world of the characters and what it would look like, then mapping and fleshing it out as real cities/towns, forests, old ruins, nifty hidden places etcetera.

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Always glad to see some new tiles on sale, I've been thinking of remaking my ''old'' game with some new ones so it's always nice to have more options. :)

Anyway, most exciting part for me? Coming up with the setting, the secondary characters, the quirky back stories. Building the foundations and the world before stuffing the player in it, I love making it work on its own even without the player input. Also, silly faction names. The part I don't like? Making it comfortably playable, I hate balancing stuff like exp and prices. ^^'

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Spend $5,000 on a new gaming PC. Didn't expect it to be like 1 foot wide, 2 feet tall, and weigh like 100+ pounds. The heck did I get myself into?
If you are a fan of TRPGs like Fire Emblem, take a moment to help me by filling out this:

Camping inside a hidden cave.
LzSHByh.jpg
I don’t believe in astrology. I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChibiLily