Timed Attack Arrows not showing up

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Quintus, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Quintus

Quintus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm using the plug-in SRD_TimedAttack_Arrows from

http://sumrndm.site/timed-attack-arrows/

The plug-in loads a sequence of arrow images that the player has to press the corresponding arrow keys with in order to do extra damage on an attack. However the first time I use it the arrows do not show up and there is just a blank space above the actor and the spell fails. Any time the spell is used after that it works just fine. I checked the comments of his YouTube tutorial of the plug-in and it seems other people had the problem a few years ago and they fixed it by updating their plug-ins, but mine are all up to date do I don't know why it isn't working.

If anyone can help my get this to work I'd appreciate it, thanks in advance!

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1) which version is your project's rpg_core.js file? Please open it with a text editor, the version number is in the title line and it may or may not be identical to the editor version.

2) some of the SRD plugins no longer work with the 1.6.x core, because that plugin writer has left the community and hasn't updated his plugins since then. you might have to downgrade to 1.5.2 (and to plugins compatible with that instead of the newest versions) to get everything to work.
    Because a year ago when those posts were made, 1.5.2 was the newest version...

3. Quintus

Quintus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey thanks for the quick reply. I'm using v1.6.1 so they'd probably the issue. I had to update my project for some of my other stuff to work, so I think I'll just skip on using this one and downgrading, but thanks for the info anyways.

4. cuzisaidso

cuzisaidso Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    I know it's kind of late, but I was/am having the same issue. I've narrowed it down to the plugin either interfering with a Yanfly plugin or a MOG one. Just haven't figured out which.

5. Quintus

Quintus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually I was able to fix it, I just forgot to post an update here. For me the image wasn't automatically loading so I was able to use the preloader core http://sumrndm.site/preloader-core/ to force it to load, and it worked fine for me after that. Hopefully that helps!