Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there,
I'm using SumRndmDde's Plugin Timed attack core in which a graphic and a cursor is used to determine the power of an attack depending on the timing of your press. The plugin works fine with installation and calculations and such but I seem to have some problem with the damage calculation depending on whether the player presses the button or not.

The problem:
On the description and tutorial of the plugin it shows that the power of an attack is determined by how close to the middle of the Graphic bar the cursor is at. But in reality the attacks are more powerful when the cursor is pressed at the edges of the graphic bar and weaker when pressed in the middle. I'm okay with that, I found a workaround but I would like to know why this occurs.

My main Problem is that if no button is pressed the damage calculation seems to be maxed out rendering my timed attack function useless since a player can just let it run out and get a max calculation in damage. I cannot find why this is happening. I have left all settings of the plugin on default.

Some background, there is no other battle plugin that seems to interfere with it, I only have Yanflys battlecore up and moved some window elements around using SRD's HuD plugin. I also have not touched the calculations or formulas.

Much appreciated for your time.

Edit: The plugin tutorial says use this in dmg formula

(a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * ($gameTemp.tas_power) as an example.
It seems in my damage formula i have added the ($gameTemp.tas_power) without it being in a parenthesis. Could this be the reason why the dmg calculation is acting up?

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, those parentheses don't do anything.

But what is your formula? It's pretty impossible to tell you what might be doing wrong if we can't see what you have :stickytongue:

marino13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for answering!
I Didn't include my formula because it was the basic one.
So basically what is on the example Formula:
a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 * $gameTemp.tas_power with the basic 20% variance. Basically fresh out of the box

I will be able to provide screens later tonight if those are needed.

GuipenguinTheMaster

LV 2 Moss Finder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I
Thanks for answering!
I Didn't include my formula because it was the basic one.
So basically what is on the example Formula:
a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 * $gameTemp.tas_power with the basic 20% variance. Basically fresh out of the box

I will be able to provide screens later tonight if those are needed.
I think the problem is because it is multiplying the target's defense statistic, rendering the caster's move weaker when the action command is executed better.

Last edited:

GuipenguinTheMaster

LV 2 Moss Finder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A way to fix this is to just put the formula in parentheses.
Like this:
(a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * $gameTemp.tas_power

marino13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A way to fix this is to just put the formula in parentheses.
Like this:
(a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * $gameTemp.tas_power
Ah so the parenthesis probably do something then. (my math is really bad but I had a hunch this might be it) Because I forgot to implement them.

I will test this when I'm home and I'll return with the findings!

marino13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay! that was it. By not including the paranthesis the formula was going jank.
Thanks for the help. Problem solved

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bongdaso