kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Synopsis
 A while ago, With the aid of @Galenmereth I created something like this for Ace.

Here's the MV port, with more features.
Very simple plugin that lets the player play for a limited amount of time, then closes the game. With parameters for customization.

Useful for demos and such
Updates:

Plugin:
Download TimedTrial.js

How to Use:

Plug N' Play,

Paramaters:

Play time, Specify the amount of time the player can play in minutes.

DisplayMessageEnd, Set to true or false, if true it will display a message when the trial is over.

TrialBeginMessage, Specify the message given on the start of the game.

TrialEndMessage, Specify the message given at the end of the trial.

RunCommonEventOnEnd, Set to true or false, if true allows a common event to run after the trial is over.

Common Event, Specify the id of the Common Event you want to run.

Usage
Feel free to use in commercial or non-commercial credit is appreciated but not necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Interesting idea.

What happens if it's an online demo that people are playing through browser?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Closes the game window. :p
Sounds to me like if an end user were to clear his internet cache files/cookies, he'd be able to play the trial again (albeit without his save data).

Then again, I suppose he could also just completely delete the 'trial' data from his computer and re-download the original package as well.

Interesting idea though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you ever need fantasy names and you're bored, make a fictional alphabet. Switch around the letters and see what you get :p
I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO 9TH GRADE BOIS!
On a scale of one to I just drew a pineapple with hairy legs how bored are you today?
Everybody else: We want this, this, this, this, this, and this, and don't forget that, plus that.... we need all of it added to the new RM.

Me: Just don't make me learn a new programming language. :kaoback:
I got to thinking - it's not just the app itself when considering purchase of RPG Maker. At least one reason to get the new RPGMaker even if not switching to use it may be if they're packing in a ton of new high quality assets for the RTP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubgamerzone