TenebrisCrow

The Kelphy Corp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wish to make a time system where every 20 seconds in the world map the day changes to night and the night changes to day. How ever when I go into a town and leave, the timer starts all over again. Is there a way to make it so if I went into a town at 7 seconds before night, when they re-enter world map it will say 7 seconds?

Thank you for any help! :)

sieben43

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is your day-night-cycle only working/being used on the world map?

I don't like the inbuilt timer mechanics that much because of its limits, I don't know if the timer can be used like this. But there are several time system plugins available, by Moghunter for example or other plugins in this forum. Most of them provide time stopping mechanics.

Else I can only think of using a parallel processing event on the world map which controls a variable that is being changed every 60 frames (=1 second) and changes tint. Therefore, when entering a town/dungeon, the variable would stay untouched and continue being changed when re-entering the world map.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kelphy If your timing resets on entering a town.then you made an error somewhere - please post a screenshot of your time control event and we will tell you how to correct it.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My guess is that the timer is ONLY meant to work on the world map, so there's a Stop Timer call when entering any town.  And an event that starts the timer on return to the world map.  I suspect the issue is that Start Timer starts from the very beginning rather than continuing from where it left off, and the requirement is to actually be able to just pause and resume the timer.

I also wonder if you are actually using the game timer for this (which would put the timer on the screen), or if you're using some other method to track it.  

We really need to see what you're doing, and it may be that the tools you're using aren't up to the job.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

finished the second chapter of deltarune today, I gotta say that the 3 years wait was worth it lol
Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roeigold123