Tint/moving troubles

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX' started by Niedon, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Niedon

Niedon Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi! I'm having some troubles with an event. I'm trying to make an event to simulate a stroboscopic light.

You click on it while playing (turning on) and then it tints the screen into darker colour, then a loop starts with a flash (3 frames) and a wait (17 frames).I didn't upload the screenshot because it's in spanish, but it would be easier.

The bad part comes here: when I play the event, it works pretty well, but I CAN'T MOVEĀ  :(

Does any way exist where you can move while playing a "tint screen" or a "flash screen"? Do I need any script to make it possible?

Thanks in advance!!

2. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Paralell process the event, not autorun.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    Niedon likes this.
  3. Niedon

Niedon Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Thank you so much! I gues this was one of that little fails people use to have when starting with RPG :p

EternalShadow likes this.
  4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please remember to switch off the parallel process when it's not needed as it would cause lag otherwise.

It might also help to include a few waits, because by default, an parallel process gets repeated once per frame (that is sixty times per second) unless a wait command tells it to skip a number of frames.