Tint vanishes when menu used

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Kes, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I have an area which is supposed to be at night and with a sea fog rolling in.  To achieve this I have a tint screen command and a fog graphic which is further tinted dark.  When I enter the area everything is as I would like it to be.  See screenshot one for how it looks.

">[​IMG]
    I can move from one map to another with the same graphic and there is no problem.  However, if I enter the menu, when I escape from it the tints have vanished.  See next screenshot for what it looks like.

">[​IMG]
    This also happens if I enter a building on a map - which obviously has no fog on it - and then return to the exterior map.  The tint has gone.

I have tried running it without the screen tint command, but that makes no difference, beyond the fact that the screen is even brighter.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is happening?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  2. Nicke

Nicke Fortune seeker Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It would help if you show the scripts you are using (if you have any custom ones).

3. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Here they are:

">http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/ksjp17/media/Scriptsinuse_zps439d4449.png.html'>[​IMG]

Hope it helps.

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does this happen in a new project with no custom scripts? Does it happen when you don't use fog?

5. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This only happens when I am using fog.  I think I wasn't as clear as I need to be in my op.  The graphic itself is tinted dark, this is not a tint applied by any script.  Without any tint the whiteness of the fog removes any impression of it being night (i.e. dark) because the white fog over the pink sand ends up looking quite bleached in tone.  I used a dark graphic because I thought it would be easier than using a script call to tint the fog (there is a separate thread about my incompetence on that aspect to which you have replied) but then I run into this problem.

On a new project, with only the fog script installed, going in and out of the menu does not remove any tint.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Then it's one of your other scripts that's causing the problem.

I'd be looking initially at the Light Effects script. Can you try with all scripts enabled, and then with just the Light Effects script disabled, and see if they give different results?

Moving to RGSSx Script Support

7. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've tried disabling the light script, and I still end up with a paler screen.

8. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, then you have to disable all the scripts, and re-enable them one at a time until you find the one that makes it go lighter.

9. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I did that in a new project, and didn't get the problem.

I then inserted the same event right at the beginning of the real project and it seems to be working okay.  So it presumably means that the problem comes from it being an old save file - except that this is a new play through which was started after the script was added, so that doesn't quite make sense.  The problem area is some 9 hours into the game, so it's not something that I can check easily.

What I propose doing is to close this thread in the hope that when I come to do yet another complete play through when the game is nearer completion, it will be okay.  If it's not, then I'll ask for the thread to be re-opened.

Thanks for your help in this.

10. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Closed due to OP's request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.