Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I can't seem to get the map to tint red, I tried the parallel process and it does nothing, can anyone show an event setup to do this? cause this is getting frustrating and I tried reading the instructions but it's not making sense to me.

BlackGoldSaw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're gonna need to show the event you have set up. I can't make a determination until I see if anything is set up incorrectly.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're gonna need to show the event you have set up. I can't make a determination until I see if anything is set up incorrectly.

here it is and yes, I know it's not parallel process anymore, I tried a different one to see if that helped

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-20_17-31-17.png
    upload_2019-8-20_17-31-17.png
    388 KB · Views: 14

BlackGoldSaw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're using "Tint Picture" instead of "Tint Screen".

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Plus that will only tint it once and never again (like if you leave the map). If you want it to tint every time you are on the map use erase event instead of setting a self switch.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're using "Tint Picture" instead of "Tint Screen".

oh my gosh, the guides kept saying "tint" not specifying

EDIT: changed it and it's still not working

Last edited:

Nanashi_Studios

Supreme Shinobi
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did that to have a stormy night at the opening sequence of my game, worked fine.
You have self switch A turned on. If the 2nd event page doesn't have the tint screen event but starts if self switch A is on that could be messing it up.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (1)_LI.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

BlackGoldSaw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show us any and all pages of the event? Just wanna rule out as much as possible. If I still don't see the problem my next question will be about any plugins you may be using.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay so today I heard the dumbest theory I have heard in a loooooooong while. It's so stupid I just have to share... Appearantly I have learned to draw 'hot chicks' so that 'real men' get physically excited by looking at it and I can then swoop in and 'turn' them.... Wow... Just... Amazing how some brains works...
What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D
I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing
How come there's no spooktober game jam? I thought horror maker games were some of the most popular genre out there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soulba