Verdeware

The only Verdeware around.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey dere ;3

I was mapping the other day and then finished my map so I could work on events. Something I have noticed though, is when I do a tint event, the screen takes a few seconds and then tints. Is there any way to make this tint instant?

Verdeware

Last edited by a moderator:

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're most likely using the autorun trigger to tint the map, correct? This creates a small window of lag upon entering a map. Autoruns start after the map is loaded.

You want to use parallel process - these load when the map loads. However, you need to turn off the event by either adding in an 'erase event' command (which means everyime the player re-enters this map, the screen gets tinted the same way again), or use a self switch and create a new event page using this self switch as a condition and leave everything else blank (do not touch the trigger, leave it on the default).

Also, don't use the status feed to post support questions, you already have a thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaZzi

My Peculiar Brother
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
You can also set how fast (frames) the screen is tinted.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Even with instant, there is still a (small) delay. The only way to make it appear instant (that I know of) to the player is to do this on your map transfer event:

Fade out

Apply tint

Transfer to the new map

Fade in

This assumes you wish to apply the tint to the entire map when you first arrive on the map.

Verdeware

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You're most likely using the autorun trigger to tint the map, correct? This creates a small window of lag upon entering a map. Autoruns start after the map is loaded.

You want to use parallel process - these load when the map loads. However, you need to turn off the event by either adding in an 'erase event' command (which means everyime the player re-enters this map, the screen gets tinted the same way again), or use a self switch and create a new event page using this self switch as a condition and leave everything else blank (do not touch the trigger, leave it on the default).

Also, don't use the status feed to post support questions, you already have a thread.
You can also set how fast (frames) the screen is tinted.
Even with instant, there is still a (small) delay. The only way to make it appear instant (that I know of) to the player is to do this on your map transfer event:

Fade out

Apply tint

Transfer to the new map

Fade in

This assumes you wish to apply the tint to the entire map when you first arrive on the map.
@Celianna, I did have a parallel process on the tint so I am a little confused by that :p  And sorry about the status/thread posting...@Razzi, I will change the frame amount and see how that works on the map.  @Bgillisp I can't use the fade in/fade out commands cause its the first map can I? (its an "intro" map)

Thanks for all the help :D !

Verdeware

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh I was under the impression you meant the small lag upon entering a map, in which case you probably have to set the tint to 1 frame. I think by default it's about 200 frames.

Verdeware

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ahh I was under the impression you meant the small lag upon entering a map, in which case you probably have to set the tint to 1 frame. I think by default it's about 200 frames.
Thanks Cel :D yeah that was my problem :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pond